The Student Room Group

Imperial vs UCL vs Edinburgh vs Manchester

Hi guys I’m in a dilemma here:

I have offers from ICL, Edinburgh and Manchester and am awaiting UCL’s offer.

Would like to hear from current/graduated students in these unis what life is really like before I make any decisions.

I’ve applied for Biological Sciences at ICL, UCL and Edinburgh; for Manchester I applied for Environmental Science with Research Placement.

Any input is greatly appreciated as I’m quite evenly split between all 4 unis. Don’t currently have any preference.
Original post by sharpcactus

Would like to hear from current/graduated students in these unis what life is really like before I make any decisions.

I’ve applied for Biological Sciences at ICL, UCL and Edinburgh; for Manchester I applied for Environmental Science with Research Placement.

Any input is greatly appreciated as I’m quite evenly split between all 4 unis. Don’t currently have any preference.

You have until June to decide so take your time. Which course do you prefer? Compare modules and optional modules and think about which you would pick. A placement year can really add to your graduate CV. Also, go to offer holder days in Spring, chat to staff and students, and think about if you would be happy living there for three years.:smile:
Reply 2
what are the conditions that you received from each uni?
Reply 3
Original post by smmcc_001
what are the conditions that you received from each uni?

Imperial and Edinburgh - A*AA
Manchester - AAA
UCL - pending
Reply 4

When did you hear back from ICL?
Reply 5
Original post by ange6
When did you hear back from ICL?

Received the UCAS update and offer letter on 11/01/2024

Hi, I have a few friends that study at Manchester and they really enjoy their life there, so like the go out often and its pretty easy to move around and hang out with your friends at cafes at stuff, much easier than in London.
On the other hand UCL is a better university internationally and its also in London and therefore you will have more internship oppoortunities later on, i mean all the companies are located in London so like you can have a good exposure on all the good job opportunities. Also London life is pretty awesome too, but its definetly more expensive and more effort to go out, so students generally dont go out as often as students outside of London. -- it all depends on your priorities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending