The Student Room Group

Is it possible?

(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
The course hours are full-time and a big chunk is teaching practice. My teaching practice schools were an hour and a half commute each way (you don't get a choice about where you go) and I was up until the early hours prepping stuff.
A lot of people said their NQT year was much harder, but mine was about the same.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
: )
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi,

The only way to consider doing them together is if each is part time. This is possible but would not save you time or energy as it would take two years to qualify rather than one.

So that you can make the right decision for you, I would also suggest that you register to get a teaching adviser with Get into Teaching, click here to register. We offer personalised, free advice and as we have all been teachers, can answer all your questions about the profession.

Good Luck!
Aly
Reply 3
Not really sure why you would do a masters and a PGCE. Most PGCEs come with the Qualified Teacher status which allows you to teach. If you only wanted he PGCE bit you would probably be better off just doing a masters in education which again without the teaching is a bit pointless.

Either you want to go into teaching or you don't. If you do, get a PGCE and then do a masters later on in my view.
Reply 4
Short answer, No.
PGCE is heavily intensive time wise in terms of time spent in school but also in terms of cognitive load. It would mean you would end up not achieving in either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending