The Student Room Group

Changing course

I'm hopefully going to start uni at University of Bath this October. Is it possible to change my current course (Aerospace engineering) to computer science and if possible what would the steps be to going about this?
Original post by Coconut17
I'm hopefully going to start uni at University of Bath this October. Is it possible to change my current course (Aerospace engineering) to computer science and if possible what would the steps be to going about this?

Contact Bath and ask if it's possible.
Ahead of arriving, contact their general admissions team. Before they are busy with AL results ideally.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Ahead of arriving, contact their general admissions team. Before they are busy with AL results ideally.

If I contact them before results day can they do something about it or do I have to wait till I get my results then contact them?
If I contact them before results day can they do something about it or do I have to wait till I get my results then contact them?

You can contact them ahead of results day to see if it’s possible. They may say no, or ask to wait until you have your final results to consider. if they say yes, you may still need to wait until AL results day to see any changes on Hub.
you can also ask to change a couple weeks after you have got to bath if all else fails because there are always people dropping out or changing courses which free up spaces
Reply 6
Original post by user123456324
you can also ask to change a couple weeks after you have got to bath if all else fails because there are always people dropping out or changing courses which free up spaces

Never, ever rely on this possibility.

It may not be possible at all - or you may have to wait weeks for that switch, by which time you will have missed vitak intri weeks on the other course.

Email Bath now.
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger

It may not be possible at all - or you may have to wait weeks for that switch, by which time you will have missed vitak intri weeks on the other course.

Email Bath now.

Yep I've emailed them. Hopefully it doesn't take that long for them to respond.
Reply 8

Email Bath now.

Unfortunately they said I can't switch to any of their computer science courses.
Unfortunately they said I can't switch to any of their computer science courses.

Not altogether surpising, it's a popular subject.

At least you've found out early enough to decide whether you still want to take up the Aerospace engineering place, or look around in Clearing, or reapply next cycle.

Email Bath now.

That’s why I highlighted ‘if all else fails’

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending