The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews medicine route switch

do any med students currently studying at st andrews or anyone else who knows, know if it's possible to switch to a different route than the one you applied with?

honestly not a big deal, but was wondering if it was possible to switch over whilst studying there since im pretty sure u rank your choices in y2 or something? wanted to know the decision you make when youve applied is final yk
Reply 1
@_Rusty_ would you be able to help with this?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Anonymous #1
do any med students currently studying at st andrews or anyone else who knows, know if it's possible to switch to a different route than the one you applied with?

honestly not a big deal, but was wondering if it was possible to switch over whilst studying there since im pretty sure u rank your choices in y2 or something? wanted to know the decision you make when youve applied is final yk
Hiya it is possible but hard. There are 2 ways to do it

1 - find someone on the other route to swap with
2 - have exceptional circumstances.

Both of these don't guarantee a swap but they do happen (I know of a few in my year who have done so) but really you have to do it as early as possible.
Reply 3
Original post by _Rusty_

Both of these don't guarantee a swap but they do happen (I know of a few in my year who have done so) but really you have to do it as early as possible.

Do you think it’s likely to be able to swap from Scottish route to English? I got an offer for the Scottish route but am kind of having second thoughts about the Scottish unis. People said the Scottish route is more competitive so I was wondering if maybe going from Scottish to English route was more possible than the other way around

Anyways thank you so much! By as early as possible, do you mean as early as possible in 2nd year or as soon as u start in first year?

Do you think it’s likely to be able to swap from Scottish route to English? I got an offer for the Scottish route but am kind of having second thoughts about the Scottish unis. People said the Scottish route is more competitive so I was wondering if maybe going from Scottish to English route was more possible than the other way around

Anyways thank you so much! By as early as possible, do you mean as early as possible in 2nd year or as soon as u start in first year?Competiveness changes year on year but if you do as early as possible means as soo as you want to change. It’s a bit easier to do it in first year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending