The Student Room Group

University of Leeds vs University of Glasgow for BA/MA in Economics andGeography

Hi! I need some advice. I am picking between these two universities to be my insurance (both require the same grades for the course I picked). I am under the impression that Glasgow is ranked better and so may be a better university for employment after my degree? (but still not too sure). I was initially set on choosing Glasgow to be my insurance, but I recently heard about the accommodation issue that happened last year for students who had picked it as their insurance option. I am an international student so finding accommodation is very important (and I also definitely want to stay in university dorms for my first year). I really like both cities so I'm not really concerned about differences in the nightlife/social aspects of the unis. Could anyone offer some advice on what to do/ which one they would pick for the course I am doing?
Original post by coastalcat
Hi! I need some advice. I am picking between these two universities to be my insurance (both require the same grades for the course I picked). I am under the impression that Glasgow is ranked better and so may be a better university for employment after my degree? (but still not too sure). I was initially set on choosing Glasgow to be my insurance, but I recently heard about the accommodation issue that happened last year for students who had picked it as their insurance option. I am an international student so finding accommodation is very important (and I also definitely want to stay in university dorms for my first year). I really like both cities so I'm not really concerned about differences in the nightlife/social aspects of the unis. Could anyone offer some advice on what to do/ which one they would pick for the course I am doing?

Hello!
First of all, congratulations on your offers from both universities that is super exciting! From what you've said, I would look at the websites for both and see if you can talk to any current students and make a list of what is important to you about both the universities, like you've said accommodation is important to you. I know you've said you are an international student but seeing if you can attend any offer holder days then going to both universities and seeing which one you get a better feel for may be the best way to decide.

Hope this helps,
Lucy (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Original post by coastalcat

Hi, not to be nosy but when did you get an offer from Leeds from economics and geography?? I applied in December and am still awaiting a response
Reply 3
Original post by recent-paperback
Hi, not to be nosy but when did you get an offer from Leeds from economics and geography?? I applied in December and am still awaiting a response

Hiya, I got the offer at the end of Jan! Good luck with yours, hope you get it 😊
Around what time did you apply, because I'm really starting to freak out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending