The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Ulster University Allied Health Professional interview

Ive applied for OT and speech and Language therapy in Ulster university and I have the online interview soon. Does anyone have any idea of what types of questions they can ask in the interview? I know there's also some scenario questions but would they be specific to what you applied for or more general?
Hi,
[start]I recently had my interview for the Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) program at Greenwich University and City University. Some of the questions they asked that I remember were:[/start]

Why did you choose this course?

Why this university?

What skills do you think a SLT needs, and when have you demonstrated these skills in your day-to-day life?

What struggles may a SLT encounter?

What difficulties may a person with communication difficulties experience?

Explain two of the NHS care values and provide examples for the two you chose.

[start]I hope this helps, and good luck with your application![/start]
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Heya
I did my interview for SLT last year the question were honestly quite generic but just make sure u talk about ur life experiences and your personal morals/traits on why you would be great in the course. Just sell urself! Good luck🌟
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
[start]I recently had my interview for the Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) program at Greenwich University and City University. Some of the questions they asked that I remember were:[/start]

Why did you choose this course?

Why this university?

What skills do you think a SLT needs, and when have you demonstrated these skills in your day-to-day life?

What struggles may a SLT encounter?

What difficulties may a person with communication difficulties experience?

Explain two of the NHS care values and provide examples for the two you chose.

[start]I hope this helps, and good luck with your application![/start]

That's great thank you so much!!
Reply 4
Original post by ebyrne2036
Heya
I did my interview for SLT last year the question were honestly quite generic but just make sure u talk about ur life experiences and your personal morals/traits on why you would be great in the course. Just sell urself! Good luck🌟

Perfect thank you so much for your help :smile:
Reply 5
I applied for SLT in Ulster too! I think the scenario questions will be vague enough as it is one interview for all of the health science courses! I've been using this website to prepare myself for possible questions 🙂 https://www.studential.com/university/applying/UCAS-application-guide/interviews/speech-and-language-therapy-questions
Original post by SarahB02
Ive applied for OT and speech and Language therapy in Ulster university and I have the online interview soon. Does anyone have any idea of what types of questions they can ask in the interview? I know there's also some scenario questions but would they be specific to what you applied for or more general?
Hi, I've applied to OT as well, have you completed the interview yet?
Reply 7
Original post by Niamhrussell11
Yes I did it two days ago
Good luck
Reply 8
Original post by Niamhrussell11
Do you know how long after your interview you will find out if you have been successful or not?
Reply 9
Original post by Magsmct74
Do you know how long after your interview you will find out if you have been successful or not?
I’m honestly not too sure, I’ve heard last year was around Easter but that’s earlier this year so possibly around April?
In 2022, it was the end of April
Original post by SarahB02
I’m honestly not too sure, I’ve heard last year was around Easter but that’s earlier this year so possibly around April?
Thanks
Has anybody had an interview for pharmacy yet ?
Original post by Magsmct74
We heard it wouldn't be until around 10th May before you hear!!!
Yeah, they are known for being really slow
Hi guys, I’m first year at UU. Last year they released the first batch of offers for allied health on the 5th of May, however some weren’t released until near the 20th I believe. Unfortunately they’re very slow because they get so many applicants and each interview is watched and marked by 2 or 3 different staff members- it’s a long process!

Quick Reply

Latest