The Student Room Group

Student Finance UK citizen living in Ireland

Just looking to clarify something - I am a UK citizen living in the Republic of Ireland, I was filling up the form EU23 and in the question 3b regarding residence it asks have you lived in the UK for the previous three years and the answer is for me is no and then says - have you been resident in the EEA or Switzerland on or before 31 December 2020 or same for the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course? I can answer yes to this? and therefore does this mean that I can apply for full support online and how likely would you be to get maintenance support. Thanks.
Original post by banasing
Just looking to clarify something - I am a UK citizen living in the Republic of Ireland, I was filling up the form EU23 and in the question 3b regarding residence it asks have you lived in the UK for the previous three years and the answer is for me is no and then says - have you been resident in the EEA or Switzerland on or before 31 December 2020 or same for the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course? I can answer yes to this? and therefore does this mean that I can apply for full support online and how likely would you be to get maintenance support. Thanks.

Hi there, what university and course are you looking to apply for? How long have you lived in Ireland for? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Hi Karen - I have lived in Ireland for over 10 years and I am applying for an Allied Health Professional course in Ulster University. Thanks
Hi Karen - I have lived in Ireland for over 10 years and I am applying for an Allied Health Professional course in Ulster University. Thanks

Hi there,

Can you confirm you're a UK national?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Hi Claire - I can - I have a british passport
Hi Claire - I can - I have a british passport

If you're a UK national then you may be eligible to apply for home funding based on what you have advised. Nothing would be definite till you apply and the assessor can review this. We would advise to apply now so this can be done.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Hi Claire - Thanks for your reply and I will apply asap, would it be best to use paper forms PN1 or EN23 or apply online.
Have you ever lived in the UK? Thanks, Karen
Reply 8
Only for a few months when I was a child
Only for a few months when I was a child

As you have been living out with England for 3 years prior to your course and will be attending a Northern Iris institution you would need to contact Student Finance northern Ireland to apply for funding through themselves. You can find out more information on how to make an application here: https://www.studentfinanceni.co.uk/

Their contact number is: 0300 100 0077

Thanks, Karen
Reply 10
Thats great, thank you so much for your help:smile:
Thats great, thank you so much for your help:smile:

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending