The Student Room Group

Does doing a Level 3/4 in the same field make it easy to get a Level 6?

I want to do a degree apprenticeship, but they're very competitive. Some companies say that if you complete the level 3/4 apprenticeship, they'll let you on the DA scheme. I'm looking at TFL's IT Solutions Level 3 apprenticeship, and they don't offer a Level 6. If I complete their Level 3, will I have a really good chance of being chosen over other applicants for a Level 6? Or will they not care.
It's not guaranteed but it puts you in a good running for one. I've seen it happen with people. A guy we had working in the business started as a site labourer on a level 2 apprenticeship and moved onto a Level 6 in quantity surveying so very possible. But lower level apprenticeships are less competitive, one level 6 role I was recruiting for had 500 applications for one role, and the level 3 ones I was managing probably had around 50 for each.

Some times degrees aren't required for many roles, you will soon realise that experience heavily out ways qualifications.
Reply 2
Original post by compressed-infid
It's not guaranteed but it puts you in a good running for one. I've seen it happen with people. A guy we had working in the business started as a site labourer on a level 2 apprenticeship and moved onto a Level 6 in quantity surveying so very possible. But lower level apprenticeships are less competitive, one level 6 role I was recruiting for had 500 applications for one role, and the level 3 ones I was managing probably had around 50 for each.

Some times degrees aren't required for many roles, you will soon realise that experience heavily out ways qualifications.
Thanks. I'm also considering the Data Technician one, it lasts 2 years and 3 months. Would I be able to do this, and apply for a Level 6 in my second year? The problem is that I'd have to leave my Level 3 a few months early and not get any qualification. I'd only be a few months from the finish line, will the Level 6 employers still consider me fairly or would they tell me to apply next year and focus on finishing my Level 3 apprenticeship first?
Reply 3
Anyone?
Original post by NightCap
Thanks. I'm also considering the Data Technician one, it lasts 2 years and 3 months. Would I be able to do this, and apply for a Level 6 in my second year? The problem is that I'd have to leave my Level 3 a few months early and not get any qualification. I'd only be a few months from the finish line, will the Level 6 employers still consider me fairly or would they tell me to apply next year and focus on finishing my Level 3 apprenticeship first?
Finish what you started, apprenticeships aren't like a college or university course that you can swap from one to another. I personally would throw out an application if they left a lower level apprenticeship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending