The Student Room Group

OCR A A-level Physics Unified Physics (H556/03) - 15th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your OCR A A-level Physics Unified Physics (Paper 3) exam go?

OCR A A-level Physics Unified Physics (H556/03) - 15th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 15th June, am
Length: 1hr 30mins

Resources
https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-and-a-level/physics-a-h156-h556-from-2015/
https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-and-a-level/physics-a-h156-h556-from-2015/assessment/
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/363796-units-h156-and-h556-data-formulae-and-relationships-booklet.pdf
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/a-level-ocr-a/
A-level Physics Study Group 2022-2023
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you mean 15th of June?!
Pretty sure its not the 9th
Reply 2
Original post by Ehsanraya
Do you mean 15th of June?!
Pretty sure its not the 9th

Yeah it's thursday next week
Guys do you remember which topics didn't come up on paper 1 and 2?
I think a lot of electromagnetism, astrophysics, luminosity and practicals in general
Hopefully we are blessed with another graph-based question and we get 3/3
Reply 6
Going to be a bunch of electromagnetism and electric fields, which are the hardest subjects. Especially when put into paper 3-esque style questions, it will probably be pretty tough. Not very much low hanging fruit in paper 3s either since there aren't as any marks in the paper.
Original post by jamesphh
Going to be a bunch of electromagnetism and electric fields, which are the hardest subjects. Especially when put into paper 3-esque style questions, it will probably be pretty tough. Not very much low hanging fruit in paper 3s either since there aren't as any marks in the paper.

Yeah I think you’re right but idk how to sufficiently prepare for these hard questions other than doing past papers
Reply 8
I reckon some serious electromagnetism and electric fields maybe combo with grav fields, maybe some Stephan/ weins law stuff and a heavy 6 marker on circuits. Maybe as well some ambiguously worded materials content just because ocr can’t be as lovely as they were yesterday
Reply 9
How much materials was in paper 1?
Anyone got all the topics covered for each paper by question?
Reply 11
Original post by nizmaris
I reckon some serious electromagnetism and electric fields maybe combo with grav fields, maybe some Stephan/ weins law stuff and a heavy 6 marker on circuits. Maybe as well some ambiguously worded materials content just because ocr can’t be as lovely as they were yesterday

I swear ch14 and 15 barely came up in paper 1 as well,, if I'm not misremembering
Reply 12
Thermal, materials, collisions/momentum, more electricity/capacitors, oscillations, maybe more stars, electromagnetism, electric fields. (Basically most of it!)

What I think we have had already to a reasonable extent:
- Waves
- Quantum
- Circular motion
- Gravitational fields (lesser but still a hard question on it)
- Nuclear physics
- Medical Physics.

Let me know if you think I'm wrong on any of these as I'm probs forgetting a bunch that came up.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 13
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10hiUPhIbv4Z5LbJv1sAFaIJ7XU1pIZRjjFqp5nai3bw/edit - Feel free to view the predictions and add suggestions here.
Original post by vilixx33
I swear ch14 and 15 barely came up in paper 1 as well,, if I'm not misremembering

Ideal gases came up which kinda coincides with thermal in the spec so I don’t think there’s gonna be a lot on that
Original post by nizmaris

Agree with most of what you said, but didn't we get a question on Wien's law in the 6 marker? Also, did much cosmology come up? I remember there was a two-page spread at the end but I can't remember whether that was more astrophysics focused or cosmology focused.
Original post by LunafromMLP
How much materials was in paper 1?

I remember there being a question on springs, but I can't remember how big that question was.
Reply 17
paper 1 was ass and i made loads of stupid mistakes on paper 2 lmao so i got like 50 on that

this is not gonna be fun for me XD
Original post by Al3x235
paper 1 was ass and i made loads of stupid mistakes on paper 2 lmao so i got like 50 on that

this is not gonna be fun for me XD

Literally same, I can’t handle the exam pressure obviously 😍😍😍
Reply 19
Pretty sure momentum didn't come up in p1, and it isn't on the advanced info for last years p1 and p3. Could be a substanial area in p3, but im not too sure rn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending