The Student Room Group

interference

Two aerials are 2.50m apart, and both are receiving the same radio signal with a frequency of 125MHz. The phase difference between them is measured as 114∘.
Calculate the path difference between the two aerials.

The aerial which receives the radio signal first is directly North of the one which receives the signal slightly later. What are the possible bearings of the transmitter from the receiving aerials? You may assume that the transmitter is many kilometres from the receiving aerials, and therefore that the path of the waves travelling to the two receivers are effectively parallel when measured in the vicinity of the receiving aerials. Give your answer to 3 significant figures
Original post by Muneer Hussain
Two aerials are 2.50m apart, and both are receiving the same radio signal with a frequency of 125MHz. The phase difference between them is measured as 114∘.
Calculate the path difference between the two aerials.

The aerial which receives the radio signal first is directly North of the one which receives the signal slightly later. What are the possible bearings of the transmitter from the receiving aerials? You may assume that the transmitter is many kilometres from the receiving aerials, and therefore that the path of the waves travelling to the two receivers are effectively parallel when measured in the vicinity of the receiving aerials. Give your answer to 3 significant figures

What is your issue/problem in attempting this question?

Spoiler

issue is with part B angle of bearing actually i measure angle theta between A and transmiter line which 72.3 and add to 180 i got 250 but answer is 288 but how
Original post by Muneer Hussain
issue is with part B angle of bearing actually i measure angle theta between A and transmiter line which 72.3 and add to 180 i got 250 but answer is 288 but how

Be frank, I don't know what you are doing.

Quick Reply

Latest