The Student Room Group

my boyfriend’s sister disrespected me

My boyfriend’s sister disrespected once and I can’t seem to forget it because I feel it will happen again and she usually doesn’t have much friends the only friends she has is of her brother’s (that is my bf’s friends) He tried fixing things between us but I could sense it that she taunts my boyfriend a lot. (For example: if he hangs out with me his little sister calls his friends over to tell them how “my brother is not hanging out with but with his gf.”) She also has a good relationship, she spends her time with her boyfriend a lot but she doesn’t like it when her brother spends time with her gf that is me. The thing is I treated her as my little sister as well and want the best for her, but once she disrespected me I forgave her but I just can’t forget. Also my boyfriend never created this thick boundary between him and her sister and how not to interfere in personal relationships. She has her relationship perfectly fine as she didn’t let her brother interfere that much but conveniently she ruins my relationship with her brother. Why do little sisters do this? I mean what is the deal with them?
Original post by Anonymous #1
My boyfriend’s sister disrespected once and I can’t seem to forget it because I feel it will happen again and she usually doesn’t have much friends the only friends she has is of her brother’s (that is my bf’s friends) He tried fixing things between us but I could sense it that she taunts my boyfriend a lot. (For example: if he hangs out with me his little sister calls his friends over to tell them how “my brother is not hanging out with but with his gf.”) She also has a good relationship, she spends her time with her boyfriend a lot but she doesn’t like it when her brother spends time with her gf that is me. The thing is I treated her as my little sister as well and want the best for her, but once she disrespected me I forgave her but I just can’t forget. Also my boyfriend never created this thick boundary between him and her sister and how not to interfere in personal relationships. She has her relationship perfectly fine as she didn’t let her brother interfere that much but conveniently she ruins my relationship with her brother. Why do little sisters do this? I mean what is the deal with them?

She may just be a brat as a person. Or a snob in a sense. I have a similar thing with my gf family because they come from a privileged background they don't like how I am poor in comparison (the gf is down to earth and very kind) I just learned to live with it and avoid them where possible. It's not great as it's not my fault I wasn't born into wealth like them but hey. Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
She may just be a brat as a person. Or a snob in a sense. I have a similar thing with my gf family because they come from a privileged background they don't like how I am poor in comparison (the gf is down to earth and very kind) I just learned to live with it and avoid them where possible. It's not great as it's not my fault I wasn't born into wealth like them but hey. Good luck

that’s so bad. I bet you are doing your best and making her happy that’s all what matters. Doesn’t matter if it’s small or big. I swear. And clearly I believe if the gf knows and is supportive, she will help you throughout as well. Wealth isn’t everything, I belong from a not that wealthy family. But the struggles and things I have seen till date in my life makes me different and I am proud of it.
that’s so bad. I bet you are doing your best and making her happy that’s all what matters. Doesn’t matter if it’s small or big. I swear. And clearly I believe if the gf knows and is supportive, she will help you throughout as well. Wealth isn’t everything, I belong from a not that wealthy family. But the struggles and things I have seen till date in my life makes me different and I am proud of it.

100% agree, she is the kindest woman I've met and is nothing like the rest of her family, she hates it how they are so pompous and look down on others. In my opinion money helps but you don't take it to the grave so I'd rather someone who is nice than someone who is thinking they are superior to others (and if they are both kind and have money, that's fine too)
She wants your man. Get out. You do not want the other woman to be your sister in law

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending