The Student Room Group

gcse to a-level history

heyy, I'm about to finish year 11 and I'm starting to slightly regret not taking History. I want to know if it'll be too difficult for me to start taking History again in year 12 or if it'll be manageable.
Hi! What subjects do you currently take and how do you feel about GCSE English?
Reply 2
Original post by SharlLeglerg16
Hi! What subjects do you currently take and how do you feel about GCSE English?

I am currently doing maths, English, global perspectives, business, biology, ict, French and environmental management. So far I am doing quite well in English so I would say I'm quite strong
Original post by nicostudy
I am currently doing maths, English, global perspectives, business, biology, ict, French and environmental management. So far I am doing quite well in English so I would say I'm quite strong

i could see global perspectives really helping you out, and if your finding English ok (especially lit) then, as a strong writer, you should be ok! I'm year 13 and just finished the coursework, the AQA coursework isn't great but give it a go if its something your passionate about. Happy to give you a hand if any of our modules align if you need it
i could see global perspectives really helping you out, and if your finding English ok (especially lit) then, as a strong writer, you should be ok! I'm year 13 and just finished the coursework, the AQA coursework isn't great but give it a go if its something your passionate about. Happy to give you a hand if any of our modules align if you like
Global Perspectives is a weird subject I've not heard of before. In any event, that subject and the range of subjects you do study should help you out. Also, you don't really need a GCSE in history to study it in college.
Reply 6
Original post by SharlLeglerg16
i could see global perspectives really helping you out, and if your finding English ok (especially lit) then, as a strong writer, you should be ok! I'm year 13 and just finished the coursework, the AQA coursework isn't great but give it a go if its something your passionate about. Happy to give you a hand if any of our modules align if you need it

thank you so much!
Reply 7
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
Global Perspectives is a weird subject I've not heard of before. In any event, that subject and the range of subjects you do study should help you out. Also, you don't really need a GCSE in history to study it in college.

yeah it's also a new subject for our school.. but thank you!!
Reply 8
heyy, I'm about to finish year 11 and I'm starting to slightly regret not taking History. I want to know if it'll be too difficult for me to start taking History again in year 12 or if it'll be manageable.

i would not recommend i did gcse history and i find a-level history to be hell the content is too much its horrible
Reply 9
Original post by cosmias
i would not recommend i did gcse history and i find a-level history to be hell the content is too much its horrible

alright 😭, thank you for your response!
Reply 10
alright 😭, thank you for your response!

if youre really passionate about it then go for it obvs !! but i am just having a terrible time atm

Quick Reply

Latest