The Student Room Group

TSR Quiz of the Week #140 - Photo edit round!

Welcome to your TSR News Quiz of the Week!

Welcome to the hundred-and-fortieth instalment of the News Quiz of the Week series, which has been running since 2020!

Visit the master thread for more details of the series, and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!

How it works
This quiz is conducted on a multiple-choice basis via Google Forms, and you have until next Friday at 00:00 to play the game. The form will ask you to fill in your TSR username, and this is essential if you want to be in contention for the prize! Please feel free to comment and share your scores below this also makes verifying the scores easier!

The tiebreaker question is a free-typed question where the answer is a number. If there's a tie for first place, the winner of the prize will be the person who gets closest to the correct answer. (And it can also help us spot anyone who looks like they might have received help from the internet as they did the quiz!)

This week, following a frenzied news story about the Princess of Wales, the theme of the quiz is photo edits. Can you guess the news story from the photo that I have carefully edited? :beard:

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. The prizes awarded are as follows:
:king1: 100 rep
:king2: 50 rep
:king3: 30 rep

Happy quizzing!

Kwotes

Spoiler

(edited 1 month ago)
No.8 has no correct answers so I got 4/10 but I think that my actual score is 5
(edited 1 month ago)
I think it's a 7/10 taking into account Q8!
Original post by Talkative Toad
No.8 has no correct answers so I got 4/10 but I think that my actual score is 5

Thanks, I'll fix that later :smile:
I think 7/10 including question 8
Original post by 04MR17
Thanks, I'll fix that later :smile:

Done, scores on my spreadsheet are correct.

All scores so far are between 5 and 9. :unsure:
9/10 and less wrong on the tiebreaker than last week (but still quite wrong)
Original post by 04MR17
Welcome to your TSR News Quiz of the Week!

Welcome to the hundred-and-fortieth instalment of the News Quiz of the Week series, which has been running since 2020!
Visit the master thread for more details of the series, and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!
How it works
This quiz is conducted on a multiple-choice basis via Microsoft Forms, and you have until next Friday at 00:00 to play the game. The form will ask you to fill in your TSR username, and this is essential if you want to be in contention for the prize! Please feel free to comment and share your scores below this also makes verifying the scores easier!
The tiebreaker question is a free-typed question where the answer is a number. If there's a tie for first place, the winner of the prize will be the person who gets closest to the correct answer. (And it can also help us spot anyone who looks like they might have received help from the internet as they did the quiz!)
This week, following a frenzied news story about the Princess of Wales, the theme of the quiz is photo edits. Can you guess the news story from the photo that I have carefully edited? :beard:

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. The prizes awarded are as follows:
:king1: 100 rep
:king2: 50 rep
:king3: 30 rep
Happy quizzing!
Kwotes

Spoiler

yay 9/10 :biggrin: i believe
6/10 this week
but that editing job was pretty good :smile:
A respectable 7/10 for me!
Original post by taylor2317
5/10

Put your username in next time :tongue:
I had one 5/10 response with no username, must have been yours :holmes:
It's results time....

First of all the overall scores:
:king1: @emm4nuella @flowersinmyhair @Autumn223 (9/10)
:king2: @Razzledazzle310 (8/10)
:king3: @agent_duck343 @CatusStarbright @Saracen's Fez (7/10)
4th @MysteryyyGirl86 @flaurie (6/10)
5th @erin11 @CheeseIsVeg @Talkative Toad @taylor2317 (5/10)
6th @STiron9 @Tatakae L (4/10)

Well done to everyone who competed :congrats:

Now for the prizes:
Due to having the closest tiebreaker answer the winner of the first prize is.....

drum roll please

The runner up rep prizes this week will therefore be awarded as follows:

further prizes

Thanks everyone for playing, stay tuned for further quizzes in the futchar! :ahee:
Oh wow wasn’t expecting that 😊
Original post by 04MR17
It's results time....
First of all the overall scores:
:king1: @emm4nuella @flowersinmyhair @Autumn223 (9/10)
:king2: @Razzledazzle310 (8/10)
:king3: @agent_duck343 @CatusStarbright @Saracen's Fez (7/10)
4th @MysteryyyGirl86 @flaurie (6/10)
5th @erin11 @CheeseIsVeg @Talkative Toad @taylor2317 (5/10)
6th @STiron9 @Tatakae L (4/10)
Well done to everyone who competed :congrats:
Now for the prizes:
Due to having the closest tiebreaker answer the winner of the first prize is.....

drum roll please

The runner up rep prizes this week will therefore be awarded as follows:

further prizes

Thanks everyone for playing, stay tuned for further quizzes in the futchar! :ahee:

aww great :biggrin:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending