The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

I Dont Have Enough Ucas Points. What Do I Do?

I am currently studing level 2 motorsport engineering and am going to be progressing to level 3 in september. When i finish my course i will get 48 ucas points if i get a distinction however i need 72 to be able to get into derby university doing motosport engieering with a foundation year. I could stay in college for 2 more years and complete level 2 and 3 motor vehicle which will boost my ucas points however i am hoping to join university in either 2025 or 2026 the latest.

Is there any way i can boost my ucas points without staying the extra two years?
Original post by millharrisonxx
I am currently studing level 2 motorsport engineering and am going to be progressing to level 3 in september. When i finish my course i will get 48 ucas points if i get a distinction however i need 72 to be able to get into derby university doing motosport engieering with a foundation year. I could stay in college for 2 more years and complete level 2 and 3 motor vehicle which will boost my ucas points however i am hoping to join university in either 2025 or 2026 the latest.
Is there any way i can boost my ucas points without staying the extra two years?

Very few universities will accept you without a level 3 requirement which is 3 A levels or its equivalent. This is the extended diploma or a mix of qualifications. An extended diploma is the equivalent of 3 A levels and is worth 168 points for triple D*.

I dont know what qualification you are taking but it doesnt seem the right level to get you into university. You could take another subject to get you into university or take an appropriate 2 year BTEC.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by swanseajack1
Very few universities will accept you without a level 3 requirement which is 3 A levels or its equivalent. This is the extended diploma or a mix of qualifications. An extended diploma is the equivalent of 3 A levels and is worth 168 points for triple D*.
I dont know what qualification you are taking but it doesnt seem the right level to get you into university. You could take another subject to get you into university or take an appropriate 2 year BTEC.

Ok thank u
Look at apprenticeships instead?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending