The Student Room Group

unis that are right for me?

Hello! I am currently studying in a foundation year, yet do to not being able to find a student accommodation for next year, I'm looking at new universities to apply too. Would anyone be able to help me pick a uni that: has a good reputation but not too high as I feel I won't be able to fit the grades for unis with a high UCAS points; is within 2 hours from the local beach as I suffer with my mental health and find the beach to be comforting and calming; good shopping places in and around the city; has a lower/average cost of living costs; and I could be able to afford to use and park my car.
thank you for your help!
Original post by candise
Hello! I am currently studying in a foundation year, yet do to not being able to find a student accommodation for next year, I'm looking at new universities to apply too. Would anyone be able to help me pick a uni that: has a good reputation but not too high as I feel I won't be able to fit the grades for unis with a high UCAS points; is within 2 hours from the local beach as I suffer with my mental health and find the beach to be comforting and calming; good shopping places in and around the city; has a lower/average cost of living costs; and I could be able to afford to use and park my car.
thank you for your help!

what uni are you currently at and what ucas points are you aiming for?
Most universities dont accept others foundation years, Are you retaking your A levels or BTEC. That is the best way of getting into another universities.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
Most universities dont accept others foundation years, Are you retaking your A levels or BTEC. That is the best way of getting into another universities.

would I be able to get student finance to do 5 years in uni as I believe I only get 4 years covered
Reply 4
Original post by emm4nuella
what uni are you currently at and what ucas points are you aiming for?

I'm looking everywhere atm icl, I'm just really unsure of where about I should look into. If I can transfer my foundation year points I'm looking at around 130 ish I believe but if I can't transfer my points I do only have 72 and would have to take another foundation year :smile:
Original post by candise
I'm looking everywhere atm icl, I'm just really unsure of where about I should look into. If I can transfer my foundation year points I'm looking at around 130 ish I believe but if I can't transfer my points I do only have 72 and would have to take another foundation year :smile:

what course do you want to do?
Reply 6
Original post by emm4nuella
what course do you want to do?

psychology!
Original post by candise
would I be able to get student finance to do 5 years in uni as I believe I only get 4 years covered

Normally not. Whether the SFE will make a special consideration due to your illness I dont know. The only way to find out is to ask them. Otherwise you would have to self fund the first year. Your other option is to stay where you are and complete your degree. There will be very few if any universities who will accept you on 72 ucas points. How about resitting your A levels. That would increase your points. Have a look at University of Wales Trinity St Davids. Their Swansea campus is a short walk or bus ride away from the beach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending