The Student Room Group

ai and plagiarism checker for personal statement

hi, im currently doing my personal statement however i am worried that it is to similar to the examples which ive seen online and that if it is obvious that i used chatgpt. i know that i have barely used it but i just want to double check and make sure i dont get rejected because they think i am plagiarising.
Original post by XXSlayerXX
hi, im currently doing my personal statement however i am worried that it is to similar to the examples which ive seen online and that if it is obvious that i used chatgpt. i know that i have barely used it but i just want to double check and make sure i dont get rejected because they think i am plagiarising.

UCAS do say that they have a system in place where they check for plagiarism in ps. whether this is true or not I wouldn't risk it. and first of all why would you use chatgpt? just write your own personal statement and dont take the risk.
Original post by XXSlayerXX

The only way you would know if your statement is similar to others online is because plagiarised them . It’s as simple as that .

If you can’t write a statement about your own life then how are you going to write essays at uni ?
Reply 3
They would struggle to actually prove plagiarism. "AI checkers" don't really work.

But just because they can't prove it doesn't mean it's not obvious. ChatGPT has a very, very recognisable style by default. With careful prompting and enough tweaking/rewriting/paraphrasing, you MIGHT be able to get far enough away from that default to get away with using it.

Please carefully consider whether this is the best way to start off your uni journey.
Reply 4
Why would you use ChatGPT? Write the personal statement yourself. The whole point of it is to show who you are and your mindset. An AI can never replicate that. They might not notice it and you might get in with that, but there is no pride in that.
If you cannot be bothered to write a personal statement, then do not apply to university.
Reply 6
Hi there, I've got an instructor Turnitin account, I can check your plagiarism and AI %, hit me up privately

Getting your personal statement plagiarised, any% speedrun
Reply 7
btw dont worry. im not that dumb lol, i had no clue what a ps was about and so i just used them as prompts so i had an idea of what to write about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending