The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
No- but not just beacuse of the reputation, i love both the cities as well...
Reply 41
if i had the choice between KCL or oxbridge, then oxbridge wouldnt get a look in.
super-emily
CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY!!! If you don't want it, I'll have it...:p:

I love Durham though :p:
I know someone who has just rejected Cambridge Economics in favour of UCL due to the 'lack of social life.'

I slapped him.
Reply 44
Teebs
Any university :yep: Does that defeat the point of the question?

Ha - I think it may well do. But since when was that an issue?
Reply 45
Tyraell
Pft- things would be soooo much easier if I was a workaholic.

but less fun! :h:
Reply 46
hmm well if i got pooled into a college i didn't particularly want to go to and i got LSE offer if probably choose LSE. If i got a college of choice id probably go Oxbridge
Reply 47
Probably, but then I'd never apply to Oxbridge for a Psychology course anyway.
Reply 48
zzzzzoe
but less fun! :h:

True, but the falling asleep in tutes/ lectures/ buses part isn't so fun. :p:
Reply 49
There are places i'd rather go than Oxbridge (having been to both places) such as Durham. So yes, i would turn it down if i wanted to.
Reply 50
i might've turned down cambridge if no-one i knew was going there...
and cos i really love bristol...
but i got rejected after being pooled to day so its not an option! haha.
Reply 51
Am more likely to choose Durham at the moment, I really don't do much work at all and think Durham would be more fun :smile:

Got an interview on Saturday, so they might reject me and make the decision much easier :biggrin:
The brother of a girl I know turned down an offer for Maths at Cambridge, the dope. :rolleyes: He didn't want to get into debt, apparently, so went to work as an accountant. I wonder if anybody told him there would be companies queueing up to employ him if he goot a Cambridge maths degree, and who would pay of his uni debt.

A girl in my English class has got an offer from Cambridge for Medicine for 2010... she thinks she might turn it down because she doesn't want to wait a year to go to uni.
Reply 53
nothingspek
I will put it as my insurance if I get an offer from Durham.

I don't understand, will the offer not be of the same level? :s-smilie: Or Durham potentially a grade lower?

(I could be being silly here, sorry!)

:smile:
Cat165
I don't understand, will the offer not be of the same level? :s-smilie: Or Durham potentially a grade lower?

(I could be being silly here, sorry!)

:smile:

I think it'll be the same offer, if there is actually an offer.
Theres not a chance I'd go to either since I just wouldn't like it, unless they were paying for everything I would certainly say no. Just because of the reputation makes no difference to me to be honest.
Reply 56
Yes.
if you're not up for putting the work in, you'd probably be more employable if you just went to a redbrick and got the 2.i instead of being dragged through cambridge and falling out with a third
Reply 58
nothingspek
I think it'll be the same offer, if there is actually an offer.

But then if you missed your grades for your firm, would you not also miss the grade for your insurance?
Reply 59
No. Despite the fact i know i could never hack it there i just couldn't stop myself from being sucked in by the prestige. This is why i'm glad they rejected me after i changed my mind about the place last minute...because i know that if they hadnt i would have accepted and ended up dropping out 1st year rendering the whole uni experience a total disaster.

Latest

Trending

Trending