The Student Room Group

Can't stop comparing myself to others

Hi, I'm in year 13 and I have started receiving some offers from universities for Medicine. I do well academically but I didn't apply to Oxbridge as I don't like the way they teach their course (too much biomedical science and too little medicine in my opinion) and it would have required me to do a separate admissions test to apply. However, other people in my year have got offers from Oxbridge for different courses and, when I received my offers, I was initially happy but then I couldn't stop thinking how "they have done better than me". I'm trying to find a way to shake this feeling. Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by joycem12
Hi, I'm in year 13 and I have started receiving some offers from universities for Medicine. I do well academically but I didn't apply to Oxbridge as I don't like the way they teach their course (too much biomedical science and too little medicine in my opinion) and it would have required me to do a separate admissions test to apply. However, other people in my year have got offers from Oxbridge for different courses and, when I received my offers, I was initially happy but then I couldn't stop thinking how "they have done better than me". I'm trying to find a way to shake this feeling. Does anyone have any advice?
They haven't done better than you because the only competition you have in life is thee best version of yourself. Like you said oxbridge's course wasn't right for you so say you had applied for that course in another world, then you would have cheated yourself by going for the prestigious name rather than the quality of your course.
You have chosen well, believe in yourself and don't ever compare yourself to others. You only have one life don't waste it thinking about other people when you could be bettering your life at every opportunity.
Hope you have a fantastic night

Quick Reply

Latest