The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
a.g89
No! It’s people like you who give this country a bad name. People shouldn't generalise so much, people are individuals not all Scousers are the same, just like not all Scottish, Welsh, Mancs, Brums and Londoners etc are the same!

CinderellaDontGo
Well I'm not technically scouse (moved to Liverpool when I was a baby) but I do speak with a scouse accent. Anyway every wednesday and Friday I travel to a certian place in England to train (football) and there some ppl make jokes about my scouse accent, I mean I know they are joking but I was just curious because some people just hate scousers. It annoys me, I don't mind people joking saying like 'what have you robbed today scouse'? But there are ****s out there who genuinly hate scousers, why is this?

I'm scouse (apparently), neither proud or un-proud. I was born where I was, circumstances out of my control do not concern my self-image or estimation. If I ever did have the choice, i'd probably still opt to be scouse, because I wouldn't be the person I am otherwise. The people who are so critical of "scousers" tend to be yuppies who have never experienced the real world. I don't have a strong scouse accent (According to ones peers that is), I don't hang round on the streets or mug the elderly, I volunteer a vast proportion of my free time to others for the community and I'm educated. If you hate me, does that say more about me or you? And to what degree does the opinion of such have any actual consequence or merit?

(anon) Neg Rep comments like this say it all..

" lol, a proper little liverpool chav talking. Bet you're from croxteth too init brapp brapppp"

The scum of the UK truly are on TSR. The low scum, leeching their social clout from their geographical origin rather than their actual societal contribution. Personally, I have no prejudice of where someone comes from, and I think others should follow suit - But I don't want to become an opinion-cat.
Fetai

Do you offer the ability to be completely unfunny, too?

I hate the way people generalise Liverpudlians, it's just ignorant. There are bad and good eggs in every city. Admittedly, the accent is appauling, but hey ho, that shouldn't be a good enough reason for people to hate the city nor hate scousers, especially if you have never stepped foot in Liverpool.
Mastermind`
Steven Gerrard. :yep:

ditto :biggrin:
Liverpool is a class city with a race they should be proud of (unfortunately it's not a title race :wink: ) and I am a Manc. I think people who direct pessimism towards Scousers are just uneducated people who jump on the bandwagon of a stereotype without even considering facts and looking through the mist for themselves.
They are charming, funny, cheeky, and an asset to working-class heritage (or historically so.)
I am not saying that negative stereotypes that are perpetuated don't have any truth; Liverpool, alongside Manchester, harbours an inherent culture of criminality, but these people who engage in it just let the others down, like in all societies.
OI SCOUSE, YOU GOT NO ROOF ON YOUR HOUSE!

SIGN ON, SIGN ON, WITH A PEN... IN YA HAND, COS YOU'LL NEVER GET A JOB, SIGN ON, SIGN ON.

In your Liverpool slums
You look in the dustbin for something to eat
You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat
In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums
You **** on the carpet, you piss in the bath
You finger your grandma, and think its a laugh
In your Liverpool slums

In your Liverpool slums
You speak in an accent exceedingly rare
You wear a pink tracksuit and have curly hair
In your Liverpool slums

In your Liverpool slums
Your mum's on the game and your dad's in the nick
You can't get a job cos you're too ******* thick
In your Liverpool slums
WestHamJake

SIGN ON, SIGN ON, WITH A PEN... IN YA HAND, COS YOU'LL NEVER GET A JOB, SIGN ON, SIGN ON.

In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums

In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums

In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums

The stands of Upton Park must be polluted with naive people like you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
mancsmithsfan
The stands of Upton Park must be polluted with naive people like you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ARE YOU A SCOUSER IN DISGUISE? ARE YOU A SCOUSER IN DISGUISE...?
A light Scouse accent on girls are nice. :biggrin:
WestHamJake

In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums

In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums

In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums

They're a bit ****. This is better, sung by Southampton fans, I believe, at Anfield. (To the tune of "You Are My Sunshine" ).

You are a Scouser,
An Ugly Scouser,
You're only happy on giro day,
Your Mum's out stealing, Your dad's drug dealing,
Please don't take my hubcaps away.

I also like this joke.

A Scouser inadvertently goes into a gay bar for a beer. He sits at the bar supping his pint when one gay gentleman decides to chance his luck. He approaches the Scouser and whispers something into his ear, whereupon the Liverpudlian turns around in complete disgust and horror and proceeds to punch the living **** out of the homosexual, fist after fist punching him out the door, kicking him across the pub car park, relentlessly punching and kicking until the victim lay comatose. The Scouser then dusted himself down and calmly returned to his pint at the bar, whilst the horrified staff and clientèle stood silent and motionless.

Eventually, the barman plucks up the courage to ask what had happened:

Barman: "Bloody hell mate. What on earth did he whisper to you?"

Scouser: "Dunno, something about a 'job'."

And these lyrics from Half Man Half Biscuit:

If God had meant for us to work
Then I’m sure he would have given us jobs
Six weeks to live but at least I’m not in Journey
Sign on you crazy diamond

I didn’t take much time convincing her
Baby, I’m from the Wirral peninsula
A merciless despot, with nothing to lose
In my Dick Quax running shoes

But I suspect the majority of people who 'hate' scousers are mancs, and the hatered is reciprocated. I dislike Liverpool FC but that's mainly because half of North Wales (with no connection at all to the side) supports the bastards. But I don't think anyone hates scousers really.
Arrogant Git
They're a bit ****. This is better, sung by Southampton fans, I believe, at Anfield. (To the tune of "You Are My Sunshine" ).

You are a Scouser,
An Ugly Scouser,
You're only happy on giro day,
Your Mum's out stealing, Your dad's drug dealing,
Please don't take my hubcaps away.

I also like this joke.

A Scouser inadvertently goes into a gay bar for a beer. He sits at the bar supping his pint when one gay gentleman decides to chance his luck. He approaches the Scouser and whispers something into his ear, whereupon the Liverpudlian turns around in complete disgust and horror and proceeds to punch the living **** out of the homosexual, fist after fist punching him out the door, kicking him across the pub car park, relentlessly punching and kicking until the victim lay comatose. The Scouser then dusted himself down and calmly returned to his pint at the bar, whilst the horrified staff and clientèle stood silent and motionless.

Eventually, the barman plucks up the courage to ask what had happened:

Barman: "Bloody hell mate. What on earth did he whisper to you?"

Scouser: "Dunno, something about a 'job'."

And these lyrics from Half Man Half Biscuit:

If God had meant for us to work
Then I’m sure he would have given us jobs
Six weeks to live but at least I’m not in Journey
Sign on you crazy diamond

I didn’t take much time convincing her
Baby, I’m from the Wirral peninsula
A merciless despot, with nothing to lose
In my Dick Quax running shoes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Reply 91
_Pondersome.
Do you offer the ability to be completely unfunny, too?

I hate the way people generalise Liverpudlians, it's just ignorant. There are bad and good eggs in every city. Admittedly, the accent is appauling, but hey ho, that shouldn't be a good enough reason for people to hate the city nor hate scousers, especially if you have never stepped foot in Liverpool.

I think I'm funny, therefore I am funny. Period.
Reply 92
englandforever
I love scousers, one in particular.

ken dodd?
http://www.paviliontheatre.co.uk/imagelibrary/2006/ken_dodd.jpg

but, to be fair the minority that give liverpool a bad name (gangs etc) are hated throughout by the rest of scousers
there is about one scouser i like.

wait, two.
tom//
ken dodd?
http://www.paviliontheatre.co.uk/imagelibrary/2006/ken_dodd.jpg

but, to be fair the minority that give liverpool a bad name (gangs etc) are hated throughout by the rest of scousers

Yeah, that's the one :p:
:eek: People hate scousers?!
I don't hate them at all..
Scouser reporting in...
Reply 98
CinderellaDontGo
Well I'm not technically scouse (moved to Liverpool when I was a baby) but I do speak with a scouse accent. Anyway every wednesday and Friday I travel to a certian place in England to train (football) and there some ppl make jokes about my scouse accent, I mean I know they are joking but I was just curious because some people just hate scousers. It annoys me, I don't mind people joking saying like 'what have you robbed today scouse'? But there are ****s out there who genuinly hate scousers, why is this?

people arent allowed to be racist to minority groups anymore so hate has intensified against certain white groups.
the working class (chavs)
welsh people.
in this case, scousers.
people need to ridicule a group so they can feel superior.
Taste of Honey
Sorry for bringing this post up again but I saw it in a 'Related Posts' thing and couldn't help but comment...

People don't hate scousers. :confused:

I bloody love scousers. Liverpool is my favourite place in the world, I go up there any chance I get. I'm having withdrawal symptoms already and it's only been a few weeks since I last went up there (and stayed for a week).

From my experience, Liverpudlians are quite possibly some of the friendliest people in the world. Down South you don't get people that just sit opposite you on a train and instantly start up conversation, but it happened all the time when I last went to Liverpool - my friend and I practically died of shock. And I love the accent, I think it's really cute.

Both my friend and I have decided that we want to live in Liverpool when we've finished university (well, I actually applied to Liverpool Uni and was -so- close to choosing it, but changed my mind :frown:, though my friend is adamant about going to uni there), and we've also concluded that we want to marry Liverpudlians. You're all just so friendly and down to earth.

And, out of experience, your drunks are really, really cute. Nothing like seeing two drunk Liverpudlian guys supporting each other as they struggle down the escalators at the train station, and then proceed to chase each other onto the train and merrily sing Beatles songs, bless. :love: I don't think I've ever seen a drunken Liverpudlian yob, though there are plenty of drunken yobs down here.

Haha I always feel like my accent is a turn off.

Latest

Trending

Trending