The Student Room Group

I hate the idea of having kids - a rant

idk if this is just a social media thing but every time i say i don't want kids, someone will reply and say:

That will change when you meet the one!

Whos going to look after you when your older?

Having kids is one of the best things in life.

You will regret it and it will be too late.

You'll never find anyone to love with a mindset like that, men love kids.

I have an argument for every single one of these bulletpoints. I think more with my brain than my heart so i know the cons of having kids will greatly impact my life for the worst, and even if there were benefits, the wouldn't outweigh the cons in the first place.
I just hate people saying stuff like that because ffs, i'm 18 years old, i'm still in sixthform. Never in my life have i once thought that having a kid was useful or a good thing. So many of my friends have "babyfever" - again calm down, you're 18.
no one cares
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
no one cares

then why comment? clearly you cared
Reply 3
no fr, i kind of hate the idea of having them. you’re not the only one, but just don’t hate on others decisions as well, they have opinions just like u :smile: that being said, pls i don’t ever want to get pregnant that makes me sick 😭
Reply 4
Original post by hgeorge07
no fr, i kind of hate the idea of having them. you’re not the only one, but just don’t hate on others decisions as well, they have opinions just like u :smile: that being said, pls i don’t ever want to get pregnant that makes me sick 😭

yeah like i don't hate on others unless they hate on me. If you want kids, go for it but i just hate when they just repeadtly say that i should have them just bc they want or have them ya know?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1

yeah like i don't hate on others unless they hate on me. If you want kids, go for it but i just hate when they just repeadtly say that i should have them just bc they want or have them ya know?

no fr i totally get u 💕
just ignore the people who say you should, they don't make your life choices
Reply 7
I'm 34 and don't want to have kids.

Quick Reply

Latest