The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
c0nfus3d
Which Field Is Better And Which Do You Want To Go In?
Poll Accordingly
Thanks

Neither? :P
Reply 2
What do you mean better? They're both completely different!

However, if I must answer; Medicine.
Reply 3
Neither, but Economics if I had to pick one.
Reply 4
Vote everyoneeeeee
Two completely different fields, looking for completely different types of people, based around two completely different subject choices.

Why did you bother to make this?
Reply 6
Too squemish for medicine. And I hate numbers, that rules out economics.
I'm clearly going to choose Economics:smile::tongue:

But I wouldn't have thought they were really at all comparable if you see what i mean:erm:
c0nfus3d
Vote everyoneeeeee

Do you have a specific reason for the poll? Like are you choosing between one or the other at the moment?
you cant compare them, however i will choose Economics because i love it.
Reply 10
Erm...neither thanks?

I didn't realise we were restricted to two career paths now. :confused:
Reply 11
If I had been any good at science/if it hadn't bored me to tears I'd have loved to be doing medicine. I have no idea why, as I'm an arts person (I'm taking English, History, French and German for A Level!). I guess it's just one of those talents I wish I had :smile: I can't say I give a toss about economics though...:p:
Economics is teh sex.
Reply 13
This is stupid. It's the same level of ignorance that powered through the Dentistry vs Economics thread a couple of days ago. THE TWO SUBJECTS ARE NOT COMPARABLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

Also, go make your own mind up about what you want to spend of your life doing.
economics through and through the doctors laughs at you because hes making money and thinks hes helping people and your laughing at him thinking youve figured him out! or you could change public policy help a million more people!
Neither, I hate numbers and don't like touching bodily parts much.

However in general I suppose medicine.
Reply 16
Go into economics OP, there are far too many wannabe medics already haha.
Reply 17
Economics is analytic yet useless
Medicine is essential yet rote memorisation

tough...
I'd pick Medicine, though I'm going to uni in October doing Economics
Regret is majorly, I'm going to be bored ****less!
Plus I'd prefer to say Medicine when people ask me what I'm doing at uni, sounds impressive, Economics is not so much...
Also, being a doctor there is no recession, therefore you'd only get fired if you were a rubbish doctor, whereas if you worked at a bank or something you'd get fired even if you were pretty good because they needed to cut jobs...
Reply 19
Ballet_shoes
I'd pick Medicine, though I'm going to uni in October doing Economics
Regret is majorly, I'm going to be bored ****less!
Plus I'd prefer to say Medicine when people ask me what I'm doing at uni, sounds impressive, Economics is not so much...
Also, being a doctor there is no recession, therefore you'd only get fired if you were a rubbish doctor, whereas if you worked at a bank or something you'd get fired even if you were pretty good because they needed to cut jobs...

uhh...sounds like you shouldn't be doing economics tbh

Latest

Trending

Trending