The Student Room Group

Switching Courses at Bath

Hi, I have recently received on offer for politics and economics from Bath but have been having doubts if it's the right course for me, mainly due to postgraduate prospects, however it's still the Uni I would prefer to go to.
I understand that it's relatively easy to add a placement year in the same course, which I am considering, but I'm also wondering if I can switch courses now ,or when I enrol to economics and politics potentially with a placement.
I have also been rejected from Bath for economics with placement if that affects anything
Original post by fdbrt
Hi, I have recently received on offer for politics and economics from Bath but have been having doubts if it's the right course for me, mainly due to postgraduate prospects, however it's still the Uni I would prefer to go to.
I understand that it's relatively easy to add a placement year in the same course, which I am considering, but I'm also wondering if I can switch courses now ,or when I enrol to economics and politics potentially with a placement.
I have also been rejected from Bath for economics with placement if that affects anything

If the courses were name as you say above "politics and economics" vs. "economics and politics", then there would be no point in switching anyway as the word "and" implies an equal split between those two fields. However that it not was the courses are actually called; they use the word "with" which implies an uneven split. You have an offer for "Politics with Economics" (where Politics is the major field and Economics is the minor), and you're considering attempting to switch to "Economics with Politics" (where Economics is the major field and Politics is the minor).

If you want to switch, ask now. The sooner the better. The worst that can happen is that they say no. It won't jeopardise your existing offer. The longer you leave it, the less likely you are to be able to switch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending