The Student Room Group

Nokia N73 Won't turn on

Hi
I've just gone to turn on my N73 and it's not working at all. First it asked for the lock code but when i pressed a number key nothing appeared on the screen.

I put it on charge and turned it on, and now the screen is just completely blank white like it's loading up still.

Anyone have any ideas?
Reply 1
Have you tried removing the battery for a few minutes, before re-inserting it and switching the phone on? In many cases, this should do the trick. If not, the software on your phone may need to be flashed.
bloody hell
ive chucked mine from almost everywhere
I wonder if Nokia know theyve inadverdantly built the worlds most resilient phone, honestly it just never breaks whatever i do with it
Reply 3
clad in armour
bloody hell
ive chucked mine from almost everywhere
I wonder if Nokia know theyve inadverdantly built the worlds most resilient phone, honestly it just never breaks whatever i do with it

Yeah, they do seem to be pretty much indestructible! A friend of mine had the earlier N70 for a while, and that was the same. So much for the JCB Tough Phone... you can just buy one of these Nokias! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Yeah it's switched on now (thank God) but it just refuses to send texts - they leave the outbox but the delivery reports just say pending

Anyone know how to fix this problem?
Reply 5
penrithkeswick
Yeah it's switched on now (thank God) but it just refuses to send texts - they leave the outbox but the delivery reports just say pending

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

It sounds like the message centre number may not be entered correctly. You should be able to change this somewhere in the phone's settings. Each network has a different message centre number, so this will need to be found out too. Which network are you with?
Reply 6
Hendy
It sounds like the message centre number may not be entered correctly. You should be able to change this somewhere in the phone's settings. Each network has a different message centre number, so this will need to be found out too. Which network are you with?

Thanks I'm on Vodafone PAYG with unlimited free texts if that's any help.

I was wondering if Vodafone were just ignoring me cos they're not making any money from me so there's no point (for them!) in considering me a priority :frown:

And it rings people fine, it's just texting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just checked the centre number and it's right ao now I'm completely out of ideas
Reply 7
penrithkeswick
Thanks I'm on Vodafone PAYG with unlimited free texts if that's any help.

I was wondering if Vodafone were just ignoring me cos they're not making any money from me so there's no point (for them!) in considering me a priority :frown:

And it rings people fine, it's just texting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just checked the centre number and it's right ao now I'm completely out of ideas

That's odd. I wouldn't think Vodafone are doing it on purpose; it sounds more like a technical issue to me.
Is your message centre number set to +447785016005, which it should be for all Vodafone customers?
Once you have updated this number, you may need to restart your phone for any changes to take effect. If this still fails to work, I think an email or call to Vodafone may be needed, as they should be able to look at your account and perform diagnostic checks, etc. :smile:
Reply 8
Hendy
Yeah, they do seem to be pretty much indestructible! A friend of mine had the earlier N70 for a while, and that was the same. So much for the JCB Tough Phone... you can just buy one of these Nokias! :biggrin:

I have an N70. It refuses to break. Its been in water, dropped off low cliffs, out of tractors, been on all my Geology fieldcourses for the last 3 years, and basically hammered. And it still wont break. I just put a new fascia on it and off it goes again. Immense.
Reply 9
I have the same phone and have had the same problem with messages staying in the outbox i fixed it by turning the phone on and off a few times and taking the mem card, sim and phone battery out and putting them back in after a few times doing this it was working again :biggrin: think its just a software gliche happend to me a few times over the year and a bit i have had it :P

Latest

Trending

Trending