The Student Room Group

Madonna vs Michael Jackson

After the intense media coverage of MJ's unfortunate demise (R.I.P) it got me thinking if Madonna passed away in the same circumstances as Mr Jackson would the world react in the same way do you think?

I guess, in essence, what I am asking is, who is the bigger star and would thus have a bigger impact on people around the world?

:woo:
Reply 1
No one could come close to MJ.
I mean Madonna is a BIG STAR but I doubt she would create the same amount of fuss
Reply 2
The same thing would probably happen but on a smaller scale I would say.
I personally prefer Michael Jackson to Madonna but she still has a lot of fans so would still be something massive that would happen. To be fair though she doesnt look like she is going to pass away anytime soon (touch wood?!) She does like hours of exercise everyday!
Reply 3
No way would it be as big.
She's practically a walking corpse anyway.
Reply 5
Madge is really healthy isn't she. Exercises all the time and eats very healthily/naturally, she looks quite young for her age so maybe not the same circumstances
Won't cause as much fuss but she is a big star.

MJ over Maddonna anyday. I respect her as an artist and she puts on a good show but her talent is nothing on MJ's
Reply 6
Personally, I wouldn't care if Madonna died any more than I care if any complete stranger dies. I cared when MJ died.
I think a fuss would be made, but nothing in comparison to the coverage of MJ's death.
Reply 8
Micheal Jackson kills any entertainer anyday. And im not exactly a pure MJ fan.
Madonna not dying isn't doing her any PR favours. She needs to keep up with the Joneses, IMO
Reply 10
Round One!

FIGHT!
Worldwide record sales:

MJ: Near 800 Million(Doesn't include Jackson 5).
Madonna: Just over 200 Million.

Although I like both of them I think that says it all.
one washed up singer vs another washed up singer
i say that as one last big hit was 95, and the other is just a swear word in music

what every madonna is doing its not music, look i can play guitar but only one note, so jacko beats her there

most people won't even care, it be like oh ok
Reply 13
MJ!! If MJ would have died at an old age and Madge died now maybe it may have been the other way around???
Reply 14
Michael Jackson :suith: Madonna's would be big, but not as. MJ would pwn her, singing and dancing and general entertainment wise.
madonna's death will create similar emotions....but a totally different one....people will be HAPPIER :woo:
Reply 16
Madonna sucks.
Madonna's music is alright, but nothing as special as what MJ's was, his music was amazing R.I.P MJ. x
I think the reaction to Madonna's death would be immense in Africa - they can rejoice knowing that the evil white witch will never take away their children ever again.
Madonna's alive? That's news to me!

Latest

Trending

Trending