The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
okk i think im getting somewhere.

if i do maths economics psychology and further maths and drop further maths would this be ok?

also i was thinking of going straight into a degree for actuarial science or accounting, but some people think its better to do a maths or economics degree first? can someone enlighten me on this, although its not really that important yet as i need to start college first obviously.
Reply 21
allystar
also i was thinking of going straight into a degree for actuarial science or accounting, but some people think its better to do a maths or economics degree first? can someone enlighten me on this, although its not really that important yet as i need to start college first obviously.

How sure are you about wanting to go into accounting or actuarial work? I was pretty sure about going into actuarial though chose to do an economics degree and now I'm glad since I'm no longer sure if I want to do that anymore (and I've not even started yet!).

I would advise to either do mathematics or economics. Probably economics. :p:
But, if you're 100% sure about going into either accounting or actuarial, then go for it. Even if you don't, you could always do something else with your degree.
Reply 22
allystar
if i do maths economics psychology and further maths and drop further maths would this be ok?

Yes, this should be fine. The most important thing, really, is having A-Level Maths.
Reply 23
ok thanks for your help everyone

Latest

Trending

Trending