Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A level choices to study accounting or actuarial sciences at uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    okk i think im getting somewhere.

if i do maths economics psychology and further maths and drop further maths would this be ok?

also i was thinking of going straight into a degree for actuarial science or accounting, but some people think its better to do a maths or economics degree first? can someone enlighten me on this, although its not really that important yet as i need to start college first obviously.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by allystar)
    also i was thinking of going straight into a degree for actuarial science or accounting, but some people think its better to do a maths or economics degree first? can someone enlighten me on this, although its not really that important yet as i need to start college first obviously.
    How sure are you about wanting to go into accounting or actuarial work? I was pretty sure about going into actuarial though chose to do an economics degree and now I'm glad since I'm no longer sure if I want to do that anymore (and I've not even started yet!).

I would advise to either do mathematics or economics. Probably economics. :p:
    But, if you're 100% sure about going into either accounting or actuarial, then go for it. Even if you don't, you could always do something else with your degree.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by allystar)
    if i do maths economics psychology and further maths and drop further maths would this be ok?
    Yes, this should be fine. The most important thing, really, is having A-Level Maths.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks for your help everyone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 12, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.