The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MagikMonkey
Yeah... srs. Why?

Obviously it's good. What, did you think everyone else is scoring above 90%?
i need to ace the TSA my personal statement is shocking :frown: lol but my grades are okish and my reference will be good
Reply 182
MagikMonkey
Yeah... srs. Why?

It is fantastic.
Reply 183
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as_alevelgce/critical_thinking/documents.html

more links. F94 A section has some questions that might be useful. they're a bit easier and slightly different in style, but they still allow you to practice the same skills.
Reply 184
lol_wut
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as_alevelgce/critical_thinking/documents.html

more links. F94 A section has some questions that might be useful. they're a bit easier and slightly different in style, but they still allow you to practice the same skills.

Thanks lol_wut!

You are brill!

:biggrin:
I seriously need to ace this test, time to get cracking on the past papers methinks!
Coughsplutter
I seriously need to ace this test, time to get cracking on the past papers methinks!

Same...

Although I need to do my personal statement first :rolleyes: . How's everyone getting on with theirs?
Reply 187
Kneechuh
Same...

Although I need to do my personal statement first :rolleyes: . How's everyone getting on with theirs?

C'mon Kneechuh! It is quite difficult to get started, but once you begin to put words on paper it starts to flow...
Graphix
C'mon Kneechuh! It is quite difficult to get started, but once you begin to put words on paper it starts to flow...

It's hard striking that balance between pretentiousness and cheesey-ness...:o:
Reply 189
Kneechuh
It's hard striking that balance between pretentiousness and cheesey-ness...:o:

Tell me about it!
I've paid and sent my form off to my referee today and I'm still not entirely happy with the personal statement, but to be fair I don't think I ever would be. Re-reading the first ever draft I did, it's just plain awful :o: Horrible pretentious cheesiness.

:woo:

I don't think I've managed to entirely eradicate the cheesy odour but it's tonnes better than what I was and I've actually adressed substantial, solid points rather than waffle on with flowery words.

I'm scared. I'm really scared. :eek3:

Well, it can be sent back for final modification by my referee if she finds anything majorly wrong, so there's not too much to fear. But yes, I'm still scared :o:
Reply 191
jnm008
Guys, I have been trying to find someone who can teach me more about the TSA as there are literally no real past papers out there! I came across a company on Google called Sucedo.

www.sucedo.com

They claim to have a tutor working for them who scored 100% in last years TSA Oxford multiple choice section..do you think that's true? Has anyone used them before?

I spoke with them at the company, they seem to do teaching as well as 3 mock papers! we all know how hard it is to find them on the internet!

I am the only one who is tempted to use them?
Reply 192
jnm008
I spoke with them at the company, they seem to do teaching as well as 3 mock papers! we all know how hard it is to find them on the internet!

I am the only one who is tempted to use them?

Dont bother. The whole point of the TSA is that you cant study for it, and it cant be revised.
Reply 193
Are we supposed to put the TSA in the Education section on UCAS under Admissions tests? I did, but all the people saying "unis have no way of knowing whether you've applied to Oxford" in other threads confused me. Surely if you put an admissions test specific to Oxford on your application, every other uni will be able to see that and be in no doubt as to whether you've applied there. Not that it matters, just wondering if I was correct in putting the test on there.
Reply 194
Meliae
Are we supposed to put the TSA in the Education section on UCAS under Admissions tests? I did, but all the people saying "unis have no way of knowing whether you've applied to Oxford" in other threads confused me. Surely if you put an admissions test specific to Oxford on your application, every other uni will be able to see that and be in no doubt as to whether you've applied there. Not that it matters, just wondering if I was correct in putting the test on there.

I don't think you need to put it as 1) We haven't done it yet so you'll only put grade pending and 2) Oxford will know that you have to do it and the score will get directly sent to them...
Reply 195
Graphix
I don't think you need to put it as 1) We haven't done it yet so you'll only put grade pending and 2) Oxford will know that you have to do it and the score will get directly sent to them...

True, but those things are also true of A levels. Why would it be on the list if we weren't supposed to include it? :s-smilie: I suppose people who took it the previous year might want to put it on but still...
Reply 196
Meliae
True, but those things are also true of A levels. Why would it be on the list if we weren't supposed to include it? :s-smilie: I suppose people who took it the previous year might want to put it on but still...

I think it's mainly for medicine applicants as their UKCAT and BMAT scores are relevant to many of the unis they apply for - not just one institution...and perhaps law applicants too, with the LNAT...?
Reply 197
Graphix
I think it's mainly for medicine applicants as their UKCAT and BMAT scores are relevant to many of the unis they apply for - not just one institution...and perhaps law applicants too, with the LNAT...?

I mean that the TSA is on the list.
Reply 198
Meliae
I mean that the TSA is on the list.

Ahh...

...but, anyway, there's no need to put it on as Oxford'll get your results direct and the other unis don't need to know you're applying there (although they may guess...)

But my thinking could be wrong!
Reply 199
Graphix
Ahh...

...but, anyway, there's no need to put it on as Oxford'll get your results direct and the other unis don't need to know you're applying there (although they may guess...)

But my thinking could be wrong!

I wish UCAS would give clearer guidance. There are lots of ambiguities when filling the forms in and the help sections are so limited. I've put it and sent it anyway, but I don't care about other unis seeing that I've applied to Oxford. I'm pretty sure they'd work it out anyway based on the rest of my application and the early send date.

Latest

Trending

Trending