The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
noone's heard anything yet then...
Reply 1621
Just a question for everybody... i guess it has been discussed before but anyway... How are you going to react if you do not get an interview?

Personally I think i will have another shot, but this time straight in my head (and i'm not wating next year to do it) :wink: No but seriously, it would mean having wasted about 6 months of my life dreaming something and i guess i would be depressed for a while...
I think we might start hearing tomorrow... *gulp* :frown:
Coughsplutter

Wild speculation / gut feeling?

Either that, that will make me check my email x1000 tomorrow.
Reply 1624
Coughsplutter

Me too... :s-smilie:
pokerplayer1191
Wild speculation / gut feeling?

Either that, that will make me check my email x1000 tomorrow.

Mixture of the two :p:

But we have to hear within at least 7 days which is around sunday/monday. I assume they don't give out rejections/interview invites on a Sunday so there's around three days tomorrow, which for some gut feeling, feels like the time they're going to start.

The worst bit is I can't even check my email in college as hotmail is banned and so are proxy sites! I might take in my laptop just so... that'd be sad... but I don't really care!
Coughsplutter
Mixture of the two :p:

But we have to hear within at least 7 days which is around sunday/monday. I assume they don't give out rejections/interview invites on a Sunday so there's around three days tomorrow, which for some gut feeling, feels like the time they're going to start.

The worst bit is I can't even check my email in college as hotmail is banned and so are proxy sites! I might take in my laptop just so... that'd be sad... but I don't really care!

That sucks.

Knowing about interviews > self-dignity
has anyone heard anything? Im waiting for my post to be delivered!
keynesismyhomeboy
has anyone heard anything? Im waiting for my post to be delivered!

I've just seen the mailman park his bike outside our block of flats! Tension ensues.

Jaws music seems appropriate. or something similarly as atmospheric. :eek3:
pokerplayer1191
That sucks.

Knowing about interviews > self-dignity

Yeah, I swear this interview process has just sucked all the dignity out of me, I really am at a point where I terrify the mailman more than a particularly ferocious sharp toothed dog would...

And the post just came. Nothing. Except for an animal aid leaflet.
Coughsplutter
Yeah, I swear this interview process has just sucked all the dignity out of me, I really am at a point where I terrify the mailman more than a particularly ferocious sharp toothed dog would...

And the post just came. Nothing. Except for an animal aid leaflet.

No email for me either (internatonal student)

TOMORROW OR MONDAY.

AHHHH
Reply 1631
pokerplayer1191
No email for me either (internatonal student)

TOMORROW OR MONDAY.

AHHHH

Or Saturday - don't forget Oxford e-mailed us all once on a Sunday...
Graphix
Or Saturday - don't forget Oxford e-mailed us all once on a Sunday...

Don't say these terrible things. BUT I saw a website for balliol talking about specific interview things. AHHHH Panic.
Interview on the 6th! I got owned by the TSA I can't believe it!
Salparadise
Interview on the 6th! I got owned by the TSA I can't believe it!

:redface: congrats you are the first one!!! how did u hear? when?
:eek3:
xxx
Reply 1637
got an interview. delivered by the postman. :smile:
got an interview. delivered by the postman. :smile:

Pfft, I don't think it was ever in doubt that you'd get one :cool:
Oh wow! Well done! Which college?

You know what's sad is I've now bought my own wireless USB internet connection into college so I can circumvent the Hotmail block... *facepalm*

These measures must be taken to preserve my sanity though!

I phoned my college; Next few days to the beginning of next week. I'm keeping real about my chances. my GCSE's are comparatively really bad and my AS Modules quite inconsistent. I have a million mitigating circumstances and am a very particular case. I must've owned my Personal Statement to get an offer from Exeter but I'm wondering if it's all been enough to get a foot in the door for interview at Oxford... especially as my thoughts on the TSA are dubious, I just can't tell how it went.

But lets keep up a little bit of hope! Good luck guys.

Latest

Trending

Trending