The Student Room Group
TSR is not liberal.
Reply 2
rajandkwameali
TSR seems very liberal. Is UK society as liberal? :s-smilie:

Might gave something to do with the average age of TSR users... TSR is not representative of the UK's political views.
Monsieur Troll
TSR is not liberal.

i don't mean liberal in a political sense.
Reply 4
I think its pretty right-wing for a student forum.
Reply 5
hardly liberal but definitely not conservative.
Both the extremes come out trolling in full force.
socially liberal is most likely for TSR
right wing in other ways

most people on this site mock the liberals
... No. (Massive stereotype incoming) and considering over a third of its members were privately educated that comes as no surprise (there was a poll once upon a time, can't be arsed looking).
Very socially liberal. Most TSRians want to legalise drugs, and someone in another thread earlier said "what gives people the right to decide what is 'good' and 'bad' behaviour?"
Yes. It's full of stupid individualists with no sense of responsibility, who think they'll just get everything in the same way that mummy and daddy have been spoiling them all their lives. Who think their "rights" are being infringed if they're caught speeding in their parent's Bentley. Who think they'll actually get somewhere by dismantling all social structures. Who want to just change things for the sake of it, and lead some sort of anti-establishment revolution, so that they actually feel they have some purpose in life. Who cry 'Nazi' and 'fascist' at anyone who disagrees with them or claims that the state actually does have some right to intervene. Yep. Sounds like a bunch of stuck-up, out-of-touch students to me. :biggrin:
rajandkwameali
i don't mean liberal in a political sense.

...then what do you mean? Liberalism is a political philosophy...
Liberal as in open and tolerant.
necessarily benevolent
Yes. It's full of stupid individualists with no sense of responsibility, who think they'll just get everything in the same way that mummy and daddy have been spoiling them all their lives. Who think their "rights" are being infringed if they're caught speeding in their parent's Bentley. Who think they'll actually get somewhere by dismantling all social structures. Who want to just change things for the sake of it, and lead some sort of anti-establishment revolution, so that they actually feel they have some purpose in life. Who cry 'Nazi' and 'fascist' at anyone who disagrees with them or claims that the state actually does have some right to intervene. Yep. Sounds like a bunch of stuck-up, out-of-touch students to me. :biggrin:

Why do you feel the need to pigeonhole people? All left-wing young people are spoiled irresponsible brats with too much money...? You'll find in general, that most liberals are much more interested in the working class than conservatives. And the urge to look for change and to QUESTION establishment/the status quo is pretty much what has kept societies from becoming stagnant for years. Inactivity/apathy towards the government has not helped anyone, ever. Granted, nor has mindless rebellion. But if it's between putting all my faith and trust into any government blindly and kicking up a fuss for no reason, believe me, I'd rather kick up a fuss.

Also; I don't know where you come from but in America, the Republicans are the ones who are about leaving things be and not getting involved with state intervention. Intervention and big government is usually associated with liberalism. Unless you're talking about the right's creeping religious bent, in which case they frequently attempt to violate people's civil liberties & deserve to be put back in their place. Then again, I will concede that being American, having been raised with 8 years of...well, fascist-lite Bush/Cheney (I said the word! :p: ) I may be ruined for conservatism forever.
Nope. There are a lot of right wing people on this forum. Its a right wing country unfortunatly.

Latest

Trending

Trending