The Student Room Group

curious about chance of course change

I have applied to a uni for entry in sept 09 for an IT degree but im thinking about wanting to do law instead.

I have done both at A level and contacted the admissions office about a possible change and was informed there are no places left on the law llb course.

is there still a chance without having to take the year out, defering, reapplying etc to change course still such as after results if people dont meet the entry requirements?
Reply 1
Clearing if it's in it and you get the grades... otherwise no.
Reply 2
Yeah was going to say the same. If you get the grades for law, and there's places on the course then go for it!
It is possible that some students may drop out during the first few weeks of term, so it is worth asking the department to keep you on the reserve list. This would need to be fairly soon after the course began otherwise you would be too far behind with the work. Sometimes you can still use the credits from your first year under the Credit Transfer Scheme, but it would be for the Law faculty to decide whether to accept them. It will probably depend on the extent to which the credits you have done are useful for the new degree.

In this case, I don't think this is very likely because a lot of law courses have many core modules. You could take a Free Elective module in law. This at least means that if you don't get on to the course this year, it will give you an indication of whether you would want to switch the following year. This is fine if you are LEA funded as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending