The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Great Dover Street!!

Hi there!! :beer:

I'm an Erasmus student who will study in London next year and got allocated in Great Dover Street.

I asked some questions in the "accomodation" thread but nobody answered... so I'll try again :p:

1). Are all the people living in GDS from the Guy Campus or is there anybody from Strand campus too??? (( I'll like to meet you :yes: ))

2). What is the best way to Strand Campus?? Is it sooo far away or is there any bus or anything?? (I don't mind walking but just to know...)

3). Is it possible to invite someone to sleep with you at night? I mean, if a friend comes to visit me to London would I be able to have him/her in my room or is it time to start looking for a cheap hotel?? :biggrin:

4). How is it the area of GDS?? I heard lots of different things...

5). Anyone living there next year... I'm looking forward to meeting you all!!

Greetings from the Basque Country :o:
Reply 1
Hi! I got allocated to Great Dover Street! :biggrin:

I'll be based at Strand!

As far as I know, there is a bus to the Strand campus that takes arouns 30 minutes, so it's not too bad.

Are you worried about having to cook ALL your own meals? :s-smilie: Or am I the only person that worries about that... :/ haha
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I'm a second year law student who lived in wolfson house last year and will be going back this year. GDS and wolfson house will have an overwhelming majority of students based at guy's campus, however you can expect about 25% to be based at the strand. This varies from flat to flat, but this was my experience last year. And as for buses, they take about 15 minutes depending on the time of day, though you will probably find that you end up walking most of the time.

Latest