The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

the KAAS scheme - KCL

I applied to the KAAS scheme over 5 working weeks ago I only to get a reply today that I’m in a lower category so I’m not a priority so cannot get accommodation this is after having to chase them via email and telephone. KAAS are supposed to reply within 10 working days latest , now I’m back on the accommodation portal and there is nothing left accommodation wise , I’m practically going to be homeless in my first year of uni.
Reply 1
Original post by Hillary29
I applied to the KAAS scheme over 5 working weeks ago I only to get a reply today that I’m in a lower category so I’m not a priority so cannot get accommodation this is after having to chase them via email and telephone. KAAS are supposed to reply within 10 working days latest , now I’m back on the accommodation portal and there is nothing left accommodation wise , I’m practically going to be homeless in my first year of uni.

This was me a few days ago i was waiting ages for my KAAS and then got rejected and the only accom was angel lane but that isnt very convienent given that im at strand campaus but i booked it anyway as you are allowed to change your room once you just have to keep on checking the portal every hour or so and i was lucky to change to SSA yesterday! But kings gurantee a room to first years so youll have somewhere to live don't worry, my advice would be to book whatever accomodation there is on the portal and keep on checking to change, bear in mind that not everyone will get in on results day so hopefully some accomodations will be released on the portal then, its annoying but its a waiting game but i do think its so unfair how we have to wait so long for our KAAS and all the rooms practically gone!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by luke-SB
This was me a few days ago i was waiting ages for my KAAS and then got rejected and the only accom was angel lane but that isnt very convienent given that im at strand campaus but i booked it anyway as you are allowed to change your room once you just have to keep on checking the portal every hour or so and i was lucky to change to SSA yesterday! But kings gurantee a room to first years so youll have somewhere to live don't worry, my advice would be to book whatever accomodation there is on the portal and keep on checking to change, bear in mind that not everyone will get in on results day so hopefully some accomodations will be released on the portal then, its annoying but its a waiting game but i do think its so unfair how we have to wait so long for our KAAS and all the rooms practically gone!!

Hey can you help me with how one applies for KAAS? i don't see any such option in my accommodation portal
Original post by Hillary29

I haven’t received an offer yet. Have the KAAS rooms all been filled out?
have you all got offers? i am still waiting on kings and seeing people say that there are barely any choices left, has me so stressed omg !
Original post by Anonymous
have you all got offers? i am still waiting on kings and seeing people say that there are barely any choices left, has me so stressed omg !
Honestly. I'm waiting on dentistry, and want to firm kings but if there's no kaas rooms left idk how i can afford the rooms. And it'll most likely be the expensive ones left too😭😭
Im in the same position, i had no idea there were no rooms left, This is such an issue because how am i meant to afford to live in london

Quick Reply

Latest