The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

The Official King's College London Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Hi 😊.

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to King's College London for 2024 entry.

Meet and chat to other applicants applying here.

Here are some icebreaker questions, but feel free to ask whatever you want regarding KCL.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at KCL do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why KCL specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

The general website for the university can be found here.

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medic0975
Hi 😊.

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to King's College London for 2024 entry.

Meet and chat to other applicants applying here.

Here are some icebreaker questions, but feel free to ask whatever you want regarding KCL.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at KCL do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why KCL specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

The general website for the university can be found here.

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

Is a PPL considered a law degree? I heard that if you want to study law at the postgraduate level, you may have to follow a different path than if you had pursued a traditional law degree.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi there,

Welcome to the official King's College London Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to King's College London.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Original post by ScoobyZazzy
Is a PPL considered a law degree? I heard that if you want to study law at the postgraduate level, you may have to follow a different path than if you had pursued a traditional law degree.

I'm pretty sure no? You still get an LLB degree which is required for postgraduate studies but try to email the university itself
Original post by Anonymous
I'm pretty sure no? You still get an LLB degree which is required for postgraduate studies but try to email the university itself

Meant to say yes sorry
Reply 5
Hi I was just wondering if kings takes a gathered field approach to general engineering undergraduate applications and how long the response time is.
i applied for biomedical sciences but haven’t got a decision yet
i applied for biomedical sciences but haven’t got a decision yet
Does Kings College wait until the last minute to let applicants know if they've been selected..? For Spring 2024 term, it seems to be getting late in decision window? Anyone already hear back for next semester.?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 9
I’m still waiting for natural sciences decision
International management BSc- submitted 3 weeks ago! Have been asked to complete a fee status questionnaire and now I’m waiting!
Do we know normally around what period they first start sending offers out?
Original post by HastyJaguar
Do we know normally around what period they first start sending offers out?

it varies a lot per course, I got my offer at the start of march but some people on my course didn't hear back until later, whereas some courses wait it out close to the deadline. if you apply early then theres a chance you can hear back faster too, especially if its not a super competitive course
Original post by Anonymous
it varies a lot per course, I got my offer at the start of march but some people on my course didn't hear back until later, whereas some courses wait it out close to the deadline. if you apply early then theres a chance you can hear back faster too, especially if its not a super competitive course

wait what course did u apply for?
have you heard back yet? saw somewhere else someone had received the questionnaire and then heard back the next week. i filled out my questionnaire a few days ago, hoping to hear back soon :smile:
Original post by marilenad27
International management BSc- submitted 3 weeks ago! Have been asked to complete a fee status questionnaire and now I’m waiting!
Original post by keirashetty
have you heard back yet? saw somewhere else someone had received the questionnaire and then heard back the next week. i filled out my questionnaire a few days ago, hoping to hear back soon :smile:

What questionnaire?
fee status questionnaire. usually sent to determine whether a student pays home fees or international fees if their history is unclear

(Original post by Anonymous)
What questionnaire?
Hi, I’m a resit student and have been asked to send proof of grades by the 26th of October, I’ve not heard back yet. Just wondering if it’s normal for admissions team to not follow up straight after the deadline
Just got an offer for biomed
Original post by HastyJaguar
Just got an offer for biomed

Congrats!! When did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest