The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gemgems89
Exactly. I hate science and i;m finding it so much easier to revise than the others. Once you understand it and know the facts then it's great. But for english and business you have to know so much more and how to write things. Argh.

lol. All these factual subjests are quite easy. At gcse level they dont require any talent or other analytical or writing skills. It is easy to get an A* in science, if you just can be bothered to sit and revise for a few hours.
Reply 21
making flash cards at the moment for physics formuals, theres too many!!!!!!!!!

btw, im doing AQA Modular science (dbl award)
Reply 22
I'm revising science simply by using my textbook, the copy of the syllabus I printed from the specification on the AQA web site outling the content of each module and the revision guide I purchased. Basically, I'm making notes - taking the best information from the three sources and writing it down as concise as possible. I'm not exactly concise (I have been referred to as verbose on more than one occasion) so it's time consuming but, so far, things seem to be sticking.

I find using the syllabus enormous help. I used it when I resat two of my science modules, which admittedly don't require extended writing or much thought, and came out with two A*s (big improvement on the one-mark-off-a-C and average B I achieved the first time). It's useful as it's clear and to the point. My revision guide irritates me sometimes due to its fondness of gratuitous capital letters (WHY?) and ellipses (are they really necessary?) so it's nice to have a change. The textbook is something I turn to when I need clarification.

I haven't really revised science much. I covered about half of the physics module for Monday's paper (why is physics so tedious?) earlier this week and I've been through all of the chemistry work recently but not in any great depth. Tomorrow, however, I'm concentrating on chemistry and biology.

My school has given me two or three past papers, including the specimen, and I intend on looking up the answers on the web site and possibly downloading a few more (I've been told they are available) tomorrow to practise.

I'm currently enjoying the fact that Monday's paper is 25% of the grade. And the fact that soon I won't have to think about science in academic terms. (If, by any chance, I appear to be hinting that I want to take chemistry next year, someone, please, knock some sense into me.)

Hatty341, I feel your pain.
I'm just reading through notes, revision guides, doing past papers... it seems to work.
I did well in the C/W and the modular exams (total of 47 out of 50 for that lot), so i'm aiming for A*.....
people from modular shudnt really complain - i got triple science where i have 3 papers for each science an hour and a half - where we gotta memorize the whole syllabus for each one - and then 3 extension 45 mins paper for each science (and we havent bee ntaught this) - the teachers say to learn it ourselves
Reply 25
Well, even though the final exam for modular isn't worth 80% or whatever, it is still a lot to learn, and I wouldn't call it easy.
Reply 26
NickiM
Well, even though the final exam for modular isn't worth 80% or whatever, it is still a lot to learn, and I wouldn't call it easy.

yeh people coz at the end of the day, no matter what percentage, or if your doind double, sep, mod, this written exams WILL decide your grade, no two ways about it
Reply 27
Exactly. Thanks Mtbab. Also, you can't compare the syllabuses, and unless you've done both, you can't say which one is "easier".

Latest