Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaLouisaBond)
    Mbps
    Any app s you can recommend
    eBuddy is good for msn messenger, facebook chat, etc...
    ShopSavvy for scanning barcodes and comparing prices..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    eBuddy is good for msn messenger, facebook chat, etc...
    ShopSavvy for scanning barcodes and comparing prices..
    Aw I got them already

ReputationRep:
    xGalaga!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    xGalaga!
    :yep:

:awesome:

Edit: Jessica; how is your Hero? Is it a bit slow sometimes? If so, there's an update which makes it really, really quick. It's lovely. Depending on if your Hero is tied to a network, you can download it now from the HTC website. Otherwise, both T-Mob and Orange (T-Orange :eek: ) will be releasing their update soon (well, T-Mob are for sure, Orange are keeping quiet AFAIK so far... but they will).

There is of course...the alternative... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

Edit: Jessica; how is your Hero? Is it a bit slow sometimes? If so, there's an update which makes it really, really quick. It's lovely. Depending on if your Hero is tied to a network, you can download it now from the HTC website. Otherwise, both T-Mob and Orange (T-Orange :eek: ) will be releasing their update soon (well, T-Mob are for sure, Orange are keeping quiet AFAIK so far... but they will).

MoDaCo > all

ReputationRep:

Me being stupid, but what is the update called? The proper htc one, not the alternative :p: My hero is sooo slow sometimes, would be nice to make it faster, i get impatient! On T-mobile though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Me being stupid, but what is the update called? The proper htc one, not the alternative :p: My hero is sooo slow sometimes, would be nice to make it faster, i get impatient! On T-mobile though.
    http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discus...7a386684007c5d

ReputationRep:
    Oranges update is out!
    http://www.htc.com/uk/SupportViewNew...75&news_id=261

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    MoDaCo > all
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    mmmmm I'm wondering if I should upgrade from Modaco 2.0 to 2.2..

Android truly is a fantastic OS. Its actively developed and already is coming close to (currently, not close to) the iPhone OS. iPhone OS has been under development for about 3 years compared to androids 1.

It really is an interesting time to upgrade, isnt it? I adore the HTC hero but am still going to go for the iPhone. This is solely for the reason, as soon as I buy one i know some other fantastic android sense phone is going to come out and i am going to feel let down.

But give android another year and it might trump the iPhone

ReputationRep:

mm
    Yeah its good I dont whether its slow or not ha I'm just trying to adjust to using touch screen lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divinelord)
    Android truly is a fantastic OS. Its actively developed and already is coming close to (currently, not close to) the iPhone OS. iPhone OS has been under development for about 3 years compared to androids 1.

It really is an interesting time to upgrade, isnt it? I adore the HTC hero but am still going to go for the iPhone. This is solely for the reason, as soon as I buy one i know some other fantastic android sense phone is going to come out and i am going to feel let down.

But give android another year and it might trump the iPhone
    The only thing iPhone OS still has over Android is the better AppStore and that is literally it.

(Original post by G8D)
    The only thing iPhone OS still has over Android is the better AppStore and that is literally it.
    Ah yes, this isnt quite true yet

[taken from an above persons sig]

But in my eyes now only 2 types of phones exist - iPhones and androids. The importance of OS is now becoming crucial

ReputationRep:

But in my eyes now only 2 types of phones exist - iPhones and androids. The importance of OS is now becoming crucial
    I would say its true. Although the AppStore is FULL of crap apps that should not pass quality control, there are good apps and alot of them.

With Android there are less apps for now. ADCs could change this soon tho.

Android has the best UI by far (not going by Sense, just UI in general).

ReputationRep:
    The battle- iPhone OS vs Android
    It's not about the apps. I don't know all the 50k or so apps on the iPhone appstore, but I'm sure Android already has all the good ones; the rest on iPhone are, as someone said above, full of crap!
    The two main things that make the bigger difference, and makes Android better are- the user interface, and the open source development; and oh yes, there's more to come.

ReputationRep:

Yeah. Now the problem is going to come down to the carriers and apple/o2 have shown others how a phone should be marketed. I shouldn't have to go into a shop and ask to have a play with a phone. No longer are phones going to be on display, off and with a picture over the LCD the phone needs to be on and people need to be able to play with the phone to makie sure that this is the phone they want.

ReputationRep:
    With full Flash 10 support coming round the corner... does Android really need a plethora of apps?

Consider the recent iPhone app store advert - there's nothing on there that us Hero owners can't do using mobile internet anyway... This is what we have bookmarks for...

ReputationRep:
    Okay hi guys, just literally got my Hero a few hours ago. Setting up wifi access and everything was pretty simple, so i've got my GMail, youtube, twitter all working....the only thing is the browser doesn't work properly.

All i get when clicking the application is a notebook style page saying "The page you are trying to access is only available via your Orange phone,when connected via the Orange GPRS network....and then something about Blackberry's.

Is there a page on the Orange website that'll let me set this up? I've looked at the GPRS settings on their site, but they don't have the Hero listed in the HTC phones? : Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Okay hi guys, just literally got my Hero a few hours ago. Setting up wifi access and everything was pretty simple, so i've got my GMail, youtube, twitter all working....the only thing is the browser doesn't work properly.

All i get when clicking the application is a notebook style page saying "The page you are trying to access is only available via your Orange phone,when connected via the Orange GPRS network....and then something about Blackberry's.

Is there a page on the Orange website that'll let me set this up? I've looked at the GPRS settings on their site, but they don't have the Hero listed in the HTC phones? : Can anyone help?
    Choose a different adress.
    Orange site doesnt like to load on the Hero.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.