The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Okay hi guys, just literally got my Hero a few hours ago. Setting up wifi access and everything was pretty simple, so i've got my GMail, youtube, twitter all working....the only thing is the browser doesn't work properly.

All i get when clicking the application is a notebook style page saying "The page you are trying to access is only available via your Orange phone,when connected via the Orange GPRS network....and then something about Blackberry's.

Is there a page on the Orange website that'll let me set this up? I've looked at the GPRS settings on their site, but they don't have the Hero listed in the HTC phones? :s-smilie:: Can anyone help? :biggrin:
G8D
Choose a different adress.
Orange site doesnt like to load on the Hero.

Ah cheers, no idea why i didn't try that in the first place! :P
I eventually got the Orange site working, but I don't recall how... its not much though. Anyway, since going modaco, those pesky orange bookmarks are history. Whysoserious, have you updates your hero yet?
Yep, i've got the latest Orange ROM, whatever that means. I've gone a little mad since discovering the Android Market as well :P
-WhySoSerious?
Yep, i've got the latest Orange ROM, whatever that means. I've gone a little mad since discovering the Android Market as well :P

Good work.

There's some good stuff on the market - some utter tripe too! :cool:
mikeyd85
Good work.

There's some good stuff on the market - some utter tripe too!

Haha, I seem to have downloaded a load of rubbish for the hell of it :p:

The only thing is, when I hold my finger over the application and drag it to the delete box, it doesn't actually delete...am I doing something wrong?
-WhySoSerious?
Haha, I seem to have downloaded a load of rubbish for the hell of it :p:

The only thing is, when I hold my finger over the application and drag it to the delete box, it doesn't actually delete...am I doing something wrong?

You need to remove them in settings > applications > manage applications to uninstall.

There are some apps on the market which do a better job than the android app manager though. :smile:
mikeyd85
You need to remove them in settings > applications > manage applications to uninstall.

There are some apps on the market which do a better job than the android app manager though. :smile:

Ah cool :grin: could you recommend any?
-WhySoSerious?
Ah cool :grin: could you recommend any?

Well, the one I use is originally called AppManager. Doesn't pick up everything, but it works at least. :smile:
I got my hero in the post today and I love it but my first question is this, in my old phone I could make a text then scroll down my contact list and put ticks next to the people I wanted to send it to and so I could send mass texts really easily. Is there a way to add lots of numbers to a mass text rather than finding the person in the to: box then finding the next one? Hope that is clear enough
Reply 190
wizard710
I got my hero in the post today and I love it but my first question is this, in my old phone I could make a text then scroll down my contact list and put ticks next to the people I wanted to send it to and so I could send mass texts really easily. Is there a way to add lots of numbers to a mass text rather than finding the person in the to: box then finding the next one? Hope that is clear enough

Yuppp- there sure is :smile:
Download ''texteasy'' app from the market :wink:
-WhySoSerious?
Ah cheers, no idea why i didn't try that in the first place! :P

used to have an iphone didn't you? what made you switch :p:
anybody got any idea how to wipe everything on google mail on my hero? for some reason it's got all my hotmail emails stored on there..................... :confused:
Reply 193
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
anybody got any idea how to wipe everything on google mail on my hero? for some reason it's got all my hotmail emails stored on there..................... :confused:

probably because you may have your hotmail emails forwarded to your google mail- and so like a robot it imported all your hotmail contacts too. Only way I could think is to tick on all your hotmail contacts on your gmail contact list one by one and delete them. I got the same issue- just cant be bothered to delete them :p:
used to have an iphone didn't you? what made you switch

Nah, i was about to get one, and then saw how much i could save getting a hero :biggrin:
-WhySoSerious?
Nah, i was about to get one, and then saw how much i could save getting a hero :biggrin:

and how much better it is :biggrin:
and how much better it is :biggrin:

true :grin:
Reply 197
-WhySoSerious?

Not only hassle, but also money.
Ok, I have changed my settings in the keyboard but there are still a few gripes and a few questions, is there a way to make the click volume louder (I got annoyed with the vibration and changed it to click) and another thing is I can type in ill and on the ipod touch it comes up I'll, is there any way to change it on here
wizard710
Ok, I have changed my settings in the keyboard but there are still a few gripes and a few questions, is there a way to make the click volume louder (I got annoyed with the vibration and changed it to click) and another thing is I can type in ill and on the ipod touch it comes up I'll, is there any way to change it on here

Nah, as ill is a real word. "Dont" will come up as "Don't" though. I think that the suggestions will have "I'll" in it though.

Latest

Trending

Trending