The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

btw it is free for anyone signed in to edit
G8D
There are custom ROMS.. (or userlands if you are a Kernal-Nazi).

:lolwut:

when did that happen? How did I miss it?
Just to say, my phone had wifi on all day, bluetooth on, high brightness and music blasting out loudly and it still have 7/10 bars left on my phone. I didn't charge it since Sudnay night.

GOD I love my phone so much :biggrin:
Played with the Galaxy S today, impressions:

1.stupidly light
2.felt plasticy
3.beautiful screen and camera
4.feel massive in hand
Hopefully going to flash cronos in the next week or so
wizard710
Hopefully going to flash cronos in the next week or so

I flashed CF 1.1.1 today. It's good so far. It's working with Over Clock Widget better than any other ROM I've used before. 264Mhz screen off / 690 On and very happy.

Otherwise performance is pretty good. Definitely better sound quality than the older versions.

I'm liking it so far.
mikeyd85
I flashed CF 1.1.1 today. It's good so far. It's working with Over Clock Widget better than any other ROM I've used before. 264Mhz screen off / 690 On and very happy.

Otherwise performance is pretty good. Definitely better sound quality than the older versions.

I'm liking it so far.

Just flashed it but I can't download any apps from the market. Is there something that I should do to be able to?

Edit sorted it now, date was 30 yrs out so couldn't d/l stuff. What are you using to set the CPU and is the OC kernel included in 1.1.1
wizard710
Just flashed it but I can't download any apps from the market. Is there something that I should do to be able to?

Edit sorted it now, date was 30 yrs out so couldn't d/l stuff. What are you using to set the CPU and is the OC kernel included in 1.1.1

I use Over Clock Widget to control CPU speed. Kernel supports OCing by default. :smile:
I use setcpu. Has profiles so under certain battery percentage you can keep it underclocked, or with screen off, keep it at minimum clock etc. Can also change the cpu governor between ones supported by the kernel
But OCW is free! :awesome:
G8D
The SetCPU in the market is the donate version.
You can download it free direct from the dev in .apk form :h:
Unless something has changed..

Ooooh. Nice.
Reply 2032
anyone's desire running froyo showing another update avaliable?
Hey guys i'm thinking of getting a moterola milestone but i'm just wondering, is 250mb internet enough for an android phone? I would only be using the internet occasionally for facebook, google maps and other webpages, no music downloading or youtube. The reason i ask is i've found the phone for free on orange with £15, 24 months, unlimited texts, 50 minutes and 250mb data, does that seem ok?
TheOneCurlyFry
Hey guys i'm thinking of getting a moterola milestone but i'm just wondering, is 250mb internet enough for an android phone? I would only be using the internet occasionally for facebook, google maps and other webpages, no music downloading or youtube. The reason i ask is i've found the phone for free on orange with £15, 24 months, unlimited texts, 50 minutes and 250mb data, does that seem ok?

Depends on how often you use it... But imo I think it is enough. However if I didn't have wifi then I would have gone over a long time ago.

Is the phone you are getting wifi enabled?
TheOneCurlyFry

Good phone that Droid. Will struggle with all the very new things coming out on Android in the next 24 months.

Still, it runs Froyo with Full Flash support, has decent keyboard and screen resolution too.

If you root it, you could over clock it. :wink:

Good phone, good price, you can get away with 250mb, just limit yourself. :wink:

And yes, it has Wifi. :smile:
TheOneCurlyFry

I would advise against getting a phone that is a year old. While it is a good phone it has been a long year in terms of phone specs and Adobe has just updated the minimum specs for flash so it can't run flash and you wonder whether it will be able to run gingerbread.

But kudos to Moto for keeping it updated, wish the same could be said for HTC
wizard710
I would advise against getting a phone that is a year old. While it is a good phone it has been a long year in terms of phone specs and Adobe has just updated the minimum specs for flash so it can't run flash and you wonder whether it will be able to run gingerbread.

Yeah, that's one of my main concerns about going with the motorola, the fact that it's actually getting pretty old now. I just dont know what i'd go for instead of it, as it seems like the best android phone i can get for that price.

I'm toying with the idea of getting the wildfire but i've read that it's quite a lot slower than the other HTC phones and the touch screen isnt as good.

That said, my main priorities are: A useable qwerty keyboard (touchscreen or otherwise) and a decent browser. Being able to run good games and apps would be nice too but realisticly they're probably less important as i'd probably get bored of that after a couple of weeks :rolleyes:

Another phone i was considering was the SE x10 mini pro, but the small screen and dated android version puts me off.

Any other suggestions i could consider? I want to be spending £15 a month with 500+ texts, a few minutes and internet without having to spend heaps on the handset. (tight budget i know, but i could do with saving as much money as possible for food etc at uni lol, i just really hate my LG viewty)
wizard710

To be fair to HTC, The Droid runs Stock Android and most HTC phones run Sense. The Motorola Dext running MotoBlur is STILL on Android 1.5

Gingerbread will fix this problem as it separates the Underlying OS and the Custom Skin/UI which means the OS can be updated on every android phone at the same time using the same update.
Reply 2039
:redface:. I'm so stuck. Same situation as ages ago, sick of my iPhone but I never got around to getting a replacement.

Seriously considering the new G2 when it comes out over here, or the Galaxy S. I like the idea of a hardware keyboard, but after using my iPhone for like 31months I'm not bad at softkeys.

I just really, REALLY, like the screen on the Galaxy S. Touchwiz ruins it for me though. 6 days before HTCs announcement and I can make my decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending