Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacke02)
    When is android 3.0 going to be out? When will it be on phones, and will it be any good? Just wondering
    Nothing's been announced yet. Try searching Engadget for snippets of info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Nothing's been announced yet. Try searching Engadget for snippets of info.
    Oh okay, well if nothings out by xmas im gonna get a windows phone 7 phone (did microsoft ever consider that it sounds stupid to repeat 'phone' twice, windows phone 7 phone, ugh) cuz im to excited to wait to upgrade from my ****y sony ericson phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacke02)
    Oh okay, well if nothings out by xmas im gonna get a windows phone 7 phone (did microsoft ever consider that it sounds stupid to repeat 'phone' twice, windows phone 7 phone, ugh) cuz im to excited to wait to upgrade from my ****y sony ericson phone
    I'm pretty sure it's coming by the end of the year :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    On Tuesday I will sample Androids delights for the first time. Can't wait.
    From this to the top poster :moon:

ReputationRep:
    how good is android, are theremany apps availabe like iphoneand windows mobile have many
    i dont know whether to get the samsung galaxy s running this, i want good apps!

please quote me so i can check your reply after work.

thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJSKYLINE)
    how good is android, are theremany apps availabe like iphoneand windows mobile have many
    i dont know whether to get the samsung galaxy s running this, i want good apps!

please quote me so i can check your reply after work.

thx
    Android is good.
    There are many apps, much more than the official windows mobile marketplace.
    I'd get the Desire over the Samsung Galaxy S purely because of 'Sense'.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just ordered my Desire. 24 month contract @ £25 a month, free phone, however 9 months are free with redemption, thus making the monthly line rental approx £15.60 per month over the 24 month period.

Total cost = £375.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No.666)
    Android is good.
    There are many apps, much more than the official windows mobile marketplace.
    I'd get the Desire over the Samsung Galaxy S purely because of 'Sense'.
    what do you mean by that mate?! "Sense"?!

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Just ordered my Desire. 24 month contract @ £25 a month, free phone, however 9 months are free with redemption, thus making the monthly line rental approx £15.60 per month over the 24 month period.

Total cost = £375.
    where from?!!!

ReputationRep:
    24 month contract? **** that ****.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah I'm making sure I'm only looking at 18 months max.

I'm thinking that buying the phone upfront then going on sim deals might be the best thing to do, that way I can upgrade every year. :erm:

I'm thinking of getting the Desire. Tbh I was originally going to go for the HTC legend but the Desire caught my eye. Does anyone have any thoughts or views on this? Also, what's this about 2.2 and will it be updated automatically?

I'm also thinking of going for this contract http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/busin...hs/htc-desire/ which is slightly expensive but I haven't changed my phone in almost 4 years so it'll be worth it.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I'm thinking of getting the Desire. Tbh I was originally going to go for the HTC legend but the Desire caught my eye. Does anyone have any thoughts or views on this? Also, what's this about 2.2 and will it be updated automatically?

I'm also thinking of going for this contract http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/busin...hs/htc-desire/ which is slightly expensive but I haven't changed my phone in almost 4 years so it'll be worth it.

Thoughts?
    See my reply to you in the other thread.

As for that contract.... do you need unlimited minutes? If not, I'd go for the £30 p/m 600 minutes deal (which I daresay is slightly cheaper on a Business plan if that's what you're going for).

See my reply to you in the other thread.

As for that contract.... do you need unlimited minutes? If not, I'd go for the £30 p/m 600 minutes deal (which I daresay is slightly cheaper on a Business plan if that's what you're going for).
    No i don't 'need' the unlimited minutes, although I'd prefer if the £30p/m 600 minutes deal had more minutes. I was originally going to go for that but it only comes with 500 texts which is why I'm sceptical about it. http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...4m/htc-desire/

Thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    No i don't 'need' the unlimited minutes, although I'd prefer if the £30p/m 600 minutes deal had more minutes. I was originally going to go for that but it only comes with 500 texts which is why I'm sceptical about it. http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...4m/htc-desire/

Thanks for the reply.
    With the £30 p/m deal you also get to choose a "Booster", one of which is Unlimited Texts, or alternatively you can go for Unlimited Landline Calls, Unlimited T-Mobile calls or some International Minutes.

Are you actually elegible for the Business deal though?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hiya Sleek

With the £30 p/m deal you also get to choose a "Booster", one of which is Unlimited Texts, or alternatively you can go for Unlimited Landline Calls, Unlimited T-Mobile calls or some International Minutes.

Are you actually elegible for the Business deal though?
    I don't really understand how the booster works. Do you have to give up one of your current texts/minutes/internet combos in order to get it? I'll probably call them up tomorrow to ask.

And yes.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand how the booster works. Do you have to give up one of your current texts/minutes/internet combos in order to get it? I'll probably call them up tomorrow to ask.

And yes.
    It's a free add-on, it doesn't replace anything. Although obviously Unlimited texts would cancel out 500 texts.

It's a free add-on, it doesn't replace anything. Although obviously Unlimited texts would cancel out 500 texts.
    That's great. Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by DJSKYLINE)
    where from?!!!
    http://www.mobiles.co.uk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.