The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

G8D
We can hope that HTC is working on Sense for GB already, but who knows.

I hope not, Google hired the majority of the design team who worked on Palm's Web OS after the HP buyout to work on a new GUI for Gingerbread.

Vanilla Android 3.0 is going to be very sexy :biggrin:
G8D
Yes. But I like HTC as a company, and no Sense means no phones.

Not too big an issue as I'm another year yet on my Hero :biggrin:/:emo:

Well the G1 and G2 don't have Sense or the Magic. And neither will any of the WP7 ones (well not as we know it anyway).
G8D
This is utter crap.
The G1 and the Nexus were Google branded phones. HTC may have made them but they were sold as (and by in the Nexus's case) Google.

The "G2" (Desire Z over here) has Sense, as will the HTC W7Phones to an extent.

EDIT: on the Magic front certain models that were more powerful that others have indeed received an update to Sense, albeit on 1.5.

The G1 wasn't a Google Branded phone, it was a T-Mobile Branded Phone. As is the G2.

I didn't mention the Nexus.

The W7 Phones won't have sense, they will have a "sense hub" which will be a few custom applications, there will be no custom launcher or anything like that.

Also "This is utter crap" was fairly rude :P
G8D
Ok it was branded a "Google Experience Phone" or whatever they called it.
What are you referring to with G2? The T-Mobile UK branded Hero that runs Sense or the American G2 that also runs Sense?

The G2, The HTC Desire Z. The T-Mobile US variant.

And "Google Experience" means nothing, it's purely something that manufacturers can optionally put "With Google" on their phones to make them sell better. Back when Android wasn't known, "With Google" was put on the T-Mobile G1 because Google was a better brand name than Android.

As far as I know, the only phones to ever have it were the G1 and the Droid Incredible (which actually does have Sense):

(edited 13 years ago)
Hey, Dolphin Browser HD 3 came out today, my browser updated itself.

Since upgrading to Cronos Froyo, I used the stock browser because it displayed YouTube videos (that was it really, other Flash things don't seem to work :s-smilie:), but now Dolphin uses it too, so I'm using it as my main browser. The interface isn't even that bad, and they've changed some of the controls (e.g., I can now switch tabs with the volume rocker, which is very handy) and there's a new pull-down area at the top to choose a tab.

:yy: :yy: :yy: :yy: :nothing:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2105
SteveDhalai
The G2, The HTC Desire Z. The T-Mobile US variant.

And "Google Experience" means nothing, it's purely something that manufacturers can optionally put "With Google" on their phones to make them sell better. Back when Android wasn't known, "With Google" was put on the T-Mobile G1 because Google was a better brand name than Android.

As far as I know, the only phones to ever have it were the G1 and the Droid Incredible (which actually does have Sense):

My Voda HTC Magic has the words "with Google" on the back.
+ polarity -
Hey, Dolphin Browser HD 3 came out today, my browser updated itself.

Since upgrading to Cronos Froyo, I used the stock browser because it displayed YouTube videos (that was it really, other Flash things don't seem to work :s-smilie:), but now Dolphin uses it too, so I'm using it as my main browser. The interface isn't even that bad, and they've changed some of the controls (e.g., I can now switch tabs with the volume rocker, which is very handy) and there's a new pull-down area at the top to choose a tab.

:yy: :yy: :yy: :yy: :nothing:

You still having issues with your ROM? Did you flash Hotfix 0 straight after the ROM flash? If so, that can cause you problems. You need to flash ROM reboot twice, flash fix 0. :smile:
mikeyd85
You still having issues with your ROM? Did you flash Hotfix 0 straight after the ROM flash? If so, that can cause you problems. You need to flash ROM reboot twice, flash fix 0. :smile:

I only put fix 0 on about a day after I'd put the new ROM on, after I'd installed plenty of apps

I'm not having any serious problems really, I found a newer version of Quickoffice, so that's okay. Flash is my main concern. Do you think it's worth reflashing? Would I need to reinstall everything? :sigh:
+ polarity -
I only put fix 0 on about a day after I'd put the new ROM on, after I'd installed plenty of apps

I'm not having any serious problems really, I found a newer version of Quickoffice, so that's okay. Flash is my main concern. Do you think it's worth reflashing? Would I need to reinstall everything? :sigh:

I don't think Flash works on any Hero ROMs tbh. :sad:
mikeyd85
I don't think Flash works on any Hero ROMs tbh. :sad:

I see!

I seem to have HTC Flash Player on my phone still, but I can't get rid of it or use it. It's just there. :s-smilie:

I found an apk for Flash for 2.1,but that didn't install :cry:

And the HTC_IME keyboard mod kept FCing :sigh: but the stock keyboard is okay :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
+ polarity -
I see!

I seem to have HTC Flash Player on my phone still, but I can't get rid of it or use it. It's just there. :s-smilie:

I found an apk for Flash for 2.1,but that didn't install :cry:

And the HTC_IME keyboard mod kept FCing :sigh: but the stock keyboard is okay :p:

Rename it to .RAR and unzip, copy to your SD Card and install. That's the one I'm using on CF 1.1.1. :smile:
G8D
Ok it was branded a "Google Experience Phone" or whatever they called it.
What are you referring to with G2? The T-Mobile UK branded Hero that runs Sense or the American G2 that also runs Sense?

The US T Mobile G2 does not have sense but the Desire Z does
mikeyd85
Rename it to .RAR and unzip, copy to your SD Card and install. That's the one I'm using on CF 1.1.1. :smile:

Thank you!

I'm on my phone atm and I can't download it from here, but I'll try later!

Thanks again!
The keyboard works beautifully! :shakehand:
Hurrah!
Does anyone have the power control app?

Can you tell me what each individual button is?

I know it is wifi - bluetooth - ? - ? - brightness ???
(edited 13 years ago)
cowsforsale
Does anyone have the power control app?

Can you tell me what each individual button is?

I know it is wifi - bluetooth - ? - ? - brightness ???

Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Data Sync (Contacts, Email etc), Brightness
What contract/pay as you go are you all on ? I'm currently on 3 PAYG with very little internet. I'm thinking of going to GiffGaff.. Do you guys recommend that or another company ?
Ducklighter
What contract/pay as you go are you all on ? I'm currently on 3 PAYG with very little internet. I'm thinking of going to GiffGaff.. Do you guys recommend that or another company ?

3 contract-
5000 texts, 2000 minutes, 1GB internet (I also have the whole, unlimited 3 to 3 etc.) for £20/month.
Disconfigured

Ahh I went today and got this

SIM £15 gives you:
300 Minutes
3000 texts
1GB internet
2000 Three-to-Three minutes
Free voicemail
Free Skype-to-Skype calls and messages
Free Windows Live Messenger (on most of our handsets)

Can't seem to find skype any where though :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending