The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
What Android phone did you have?

The 1ghz phones are extremely zippy and very noticeably faster than my old 3gs with less lag. Even reviews such as the industry standard techradar state the iphone4 is great but it lacks the snappyness of top end Android phones when launching apps or browsing.
Reply 3001
No lag here on my old HTC desire. I would even say the homescreens look more modern and slick, offering more useful information to me than the standard static list of apps I had with my iPhone

3VbzC_HOl7g
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MikeeyMon

It had very little lag, even with the previous iPhones/iPods. The simplicity is what makes it appealing, Yeah the Andriod has it's uses but It cannot manage memory efficiently. Before I moved to iOS, I was always quitting apps in the task manager. It really isn't needed to do that in the first place.

It has been like that since Andriod was introduced in 2005 and bought by Google. It will always be like that. Whereas Apple have always improved the design, content, user interaction etc. Like who needs an Anti Virus on an Andriod.

2.2 has been a very good at memory management, people don't usually use task killers anymore. You also compare Android like it's one system, compare the Desire HD or Nexus S and you won't see any lag.
I had the Motorola Droid. I was considering buying the HTC Desire HD. As I want to see potential improvements. Knew I was going to get slated, But I like to hear opinions from Android users.

But yeah, Will look into this more :smile:
Reply 3004
What do you think of the "lag" in my video clip posted above of the HTC desire? Also remember that was taken a long time ago with an old version of Android. We now have version 2.2.1 which makes the phone even more snappy. It really is impossible to slow the phone down no matter what you throw at it
My HTC Desire is being delivered tomorrow. :dance:

I read that you can get FF7 on some Android phones, does it work on the Desire and if so, how would I do it?

Plus could you recommend me any apps to start off with?

Whats ff7 ?
Original post by blueray
Whats ff7 ?

Final Fantasy 7 - I also saw 5 and 8 up somewhere. They're really old RPG games.

7 and 8 were on the first playstation.
Original post by markuk99
What do you think of the "lag" in my video clip posted above of the HTC desire? Also remember that was taken a long time ago with an old version of Android. We now have version 2.2.1 which makes the phone even more snappy. It really is impossible to slow the phone down no matter what you throw at it

Can you scroll down in your apps? I would like to see that. Otherwise my ex android phone was a dud.
Original post by aliluvschoc
Final Fantasy 7 - I also saw 5 and 8 up somewhere. They're really old RPG games.

7 and 8 were on the first playstation.

Yeah here you for all of you
the download link is with the video (thumbs up if you like it lool :colondollar:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oBogCBT9Oo

Hope this helps
Original post by blueray
Yeah here you for all of you
the download link is with the video (thumbs up if you like it lool :colondollar:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oBogCBT9Oo

Hope this helps

Ohhh that looks so awesome. So I need this PSXdroid thing?
I can imagine that draining my battery in 10 mins :P
Don't you also need a bios? I have the gba emulator and it's pretty awesome
Original post by G8D
You need two things. The emulator (PSXdroid) and ROMs.

It's a bit illegal but who cares? :p:

I gave pos rep for that m8 :wink: lol (its not illegal read the terms of it)

Ohhh that looks so awesome. So I need this PSXdroid thing?

Theres a link in the vid in the description :biggrin:
Original post by G8D
You need two things. The emulator (PSXdroid) and ROMs.

It's a bit illegal but who cares? :p:

:colondollar:

Thank you so much! I'm sure I'll waste so much of my time on this.
Original post by blueray

Theres a link in the vid in the description :biggrin:

Ah I hate youtube now, couldn't see it. I think I'll get angry birds too. And all sorts of other time wasters. :woo:
:colondollar:

Thank you so much! I'm sure I'll waste so much of my time on this.

sure no prob looool
Reply 3017
Can you scroll down in your apps? I would like to see that. Otherwise my ex android phone was a dud.

I actually dont have the HTC Desire anymore, I have the samsung galaxy S,

if you look at this clip you can see when the app drawer is clicked, the scrolling of apps is super smooth, and much more swish/modern than the static grid list of the iphone4

HTC or galaxys ? Which one?
I reckon desire ? Thumbs up if you agree or down (ouch my rep)
I'm out of rep, but the Desire gets my vote.

Latest

Trending

Trending