The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Meus
Are you on T-Mobile mate, and if so whats the 3G speed like when browsing?

Depends where you are, and if you're moving or not, etc.

Otherwise, it's pretty fast in mobile terms. Certainly not average uni speed, but adequate nonetheless.
Meus
Damn. I hope you're not on T-Mobile

I'm on T-Mobile and TSR works fine for me.
Reply 622
Meus
Are you on T-Mobile mate, and if so whats the 3G speed like when browsing?

im on orange, and its pretty damn fast, as fast as the iphone I would say :smile:
Meus
What are the 3G speeds on TMobile like?

Speeds are good but coverage drops once you go out of urban areas and really looking forward to 2.1
Ben25
Does anybody have any idea why TSR refuses to load for me on the Hero? :frown:

Are you on Orange?
Hmm don't know cos I'm posting from my hero
Reply 627
I heard the new Hero will come with a full physical keyboard!

P.S. I got my phone this morning. Really happy with it so far, although need to find the most suitable keyboard layout for myself. 3G speeds are awful though with T-Mobile so far
G8D
New HTC-Android Phones for the first half of 2010.

Can't wait for the phones of late 2011 :P No doubt I'll stick with HTC :smile:

I'm looking forward to the late 2010 phones! :biggrin: Nice to see there's a Snapdragon system in there. I'm still waiting for Tegra to come to something though! :mad:
Reply 629
Has any of you guys tried this out?

It works quiet well actually, I'm really amazed by Google, now you can actually search by text, voice and images and all work very well.

edit: Don't forget to watch the tutorial video when you download the app, kinda useful.
Reply 630
G8D
Android 1.6 and above :frown:

Damn, I didn't realise. Network providers really should push forward the update soon after HTC polishes it for their UI.

I should've mentioned I was using the visual search app on HTC's Dream (T-mobile G1).
http://chrisbramm.co.uk/2009/12/dolphin-browser/ I've done a new blog post and put my thoughts on the Dolphin browser, some may want to download it

In other news, I started the android tutorial today and managed to get hello Android working.
Reply 632
They need to do more for the Mail App in my opinion. It was a pain setting up my Hotmail account. I personally prefer the HTC browser over the Dolphin - there is less space used up by the UI in the default browser in comparison. Having said that, I'm fairly chuffed with my Hero.

Will there be any major key additions in the next major firmware update?
G8D
As in programming? If so, link me.

http://developer.android.com/guide/tutorials/hello-world.html

Meus

Yeah directions in google maps get voiced over so it becomes in effect a satnav
Reply 634
wizard710
http://developer.android.com/guide/tutorials/hello-world.html

Yeah directions in google maps get voiced over so it becomes in effect a satnav

Are you on T-mobile? Sorry if I've asked this before but could you time how quick you can load up TSR on your mobile mate
wizard710
http://chrisbramm.co.uk/2009/12/dolphin-browser/ I've done a new blog post and put my thoughts on the Dolphin browser, some may want to download it

In other news, I started the android tutorial today and managed to get hello Android working.

Looks good. Will download later! :biggrin:

Meus
They need to do more for the Mail App in my opinion. It was a pain setting up my Hotmail account. I personally prefer the HTC browser over the Dolphin - there is less space used up by the UI in the default browser in comparison. Having said that, I'm fairly chuffed with my Hero.

Funny, all I did was enter my username and password and it got my Hotmail right off.
Are any of you guys having problems with wi-fi whilst using the hero? I don't own one yet, but I've heard it can be an issue (which sucks).
Installation
Are any of you guys having problems with wi-fi whilst using the hero? I don't own one yet, but I've heard it can be an issue (which sucks).

Nope! :smile:
Works fine in several places for me, range is OK.
Installation

No problems what to ever.
I have to wait till the end of this week that I can top up and receieve my internet. Hopfully it will work well via o2 :smile:
Reply 639
WiFi is still kinda slow on the phone in comparison to the speeds on my desktop (also on WiFi)

Latest

Trending

Trending