Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    They skip every time a new update is out :rolleyes:
    brilliant :rolleyes: I guess they will be skipping 2.1 to go to 3.0 or something now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    brilliant :rolleyes: I guess they will be skipping 2.1 to go to 3.0 or something now..
    Pah you will get 3.0 long before I get 2.1 for my T-mobile pulse :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idiopathic)
    My Hero's battery has declined a lot. Just about lasts 1 day, but strangely it doesnt take long to be fully charged either. Annoying though, as I dont even mess about with games etc and I do use taskiller too. Anyone else experienced this?
    1. Put a mobile internet on/off widget and then turn your internet on when needed. Same goes for wireless widget.
    2. Reduce screen brightness ( i leave it on Auto in the day, and change it to manual at night because its too bright)
    3. Turn off background data - this saves sooo much battery power (you will need it turned on whenever you go on android market and if you use the google mail synch stuff)

They are the things I do and my battery has lasted about 36 hours with some light surfing/gaming and calling/texting. It's never lasted 2 days though.
    When I first got the phone it lasted for about 10 hours only (before I turned off background data etc.)! but after doing some charge/discharge cycles it has improved a little as well. this is when you use all the power till the phone turns itself off and you charge it for 8 to 10 hours. And do this a couple of times. Then just top up the charge as and when needed. Then do the charge/discharge cycle every month once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    1. Put a mobile internet on/off widget and then turn your internet on when needed. Same goes for wireless widget.
    2. Reduce screen brightness ( i leave it on Auto in the day, and change it to manual at night because its too bright)
    3. Turn off background data - this saves sooo much battery power (you will need it turned on whenever you go on android market and if you use the google mail synch stuff)

They are the things I do and my battery has lasted about 36 hours with some light surfing/gaming and calling/texting. It's never lasted 2 days though.
    When I first got the phone it lasted for about 10 hours only (before I turned off background data etc.)! but after doing some charge/discharge cycles it has improved a little as well. this is when you use all the power till the phone turns itself off and you charge it for 8 to 10 hours. And do this a couple of times. Then just top up the charge as and when needed. Then do the charge/discharge cycle every month once.
    Mines lasted 2.5 - 3 days with just using it for calls and texts and the occasional checking emails etc. Normally it lasts 2 days though. With really heavy use, it lasts about 1 day. Perhaps your battery is'nt very good, or you didn't charge it properly when you first got it.

Does anyone know of a decent and free application to create/edit/view microsoft office documents, such as word, excel, powerpoint etc. It's a longshot I guess, but it's worth asking. I don't fancy paying £30...

ReputationRep:
    Mines lasted 2.5 - 3 days with just using it for calls and texts and the occasional checking emails etc. Normally it lasts 2 days though. With really heavy use, it lasts about 1 day. Perhaps your battery is'nt very good, or you didn't charge it properly when you first got it.

Does anyone know of a decent and free application to create/edit/view microsoft office documents, such as word, excel, powerpoint etc. It's a longshot I guess, but it's worth asking. I don't fancy paying £30...
    I've tried looking and I've not come across a free app.
    I'm surprised your's lasts so long. I charged it for 8 hours for the first time like the woman said. And it has improved battery life after a few charge/discharge cycles but I'm wondering how you get yours to last so bloody long. 1 and a half is like the best I've had it last (i used internet for maybe ten minutes that day and made a phone call worth about 30 mins that was it)

ReputationRep:
    any update yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've tried looking and I've not come across a free app.
    I'm surprised your's lasts so long. I charged it for 8 hours for the first time like the woman said. And it has improved battery life after a few charge/discharge cycles but I'm wondering how you get yours to last so bloody long. 1 and a half is like the best I've had it last (i used internet for maybe ten minutes that day and made a phone call worth about 30 mins that was it)
    dunno tbh, how old is yours? Mine is only a month old. I charged mine up saturday night/early sunday morning and it now has 4 out of 10 bars of battery life and I have push email running, tweet updates every hour, background data on, wifi on almost always (although I think it sometimes disconnects/reconnects upon locking and unlocking) and I have used it fairly heavily, checked my emails and tweets a lot, installed new programs, searched the web and marketplace. Perhaps you should try a new battery or try and get one on warranty. From what I have heard it should last about 1.5 days on heavy use, which would be about right for mine. I would call my use moderate..

ReputationRep:
    dunno tbh, how old is yours? Mine is only a month old. I charged mine up saturday night/early sunday morning and it now has 4 out of 10 bars of battery life and I have push email running, tweet updates every hour, background data on, wifi on almost always (although I think it sometimes disconnects/reconnects upon locking and unlocking) and I have used it fairly heavily, checked my emails and tweets a lot, installed new programs, searched the web and marketplace. Perhaps you should try a new battery or try and get one on warranty. From what I have heard it should last about 1.5 days on heavy use, which would be about right for mine. I would call my use moderate..
    I'm actually a bit pissed off at the moment (not at you) just at my phone for not lasting anywhere near how long yours does. I've had mine for one week. I dont even have wireless on unless I really need it which is rarely, I dont even put background data on and have no tweets or email updating. I dont use my phone to make calls excessively. Do you think I should complain ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually a bit pissed off at the moment (not at you) just at my phone for not lasting anywhere near how long yours does. I've had mine for one week. I dont even have wireless on unless I really need it which is rarely, I dont even put background data on and have no tweets or email updating. I dont use my phone to make calls excessively. Do you think I should complain ?
    You could go ahead and say you have a faulty one and ask for a new one?

My one is second hand, The original owner, brought it in August, and so far it last me 2 - 3 days if I'm just texting and what not. However today I've used the net, listened to music from about 9am - 4pm non stop pratically and texted constantly and it had roughly 80% batery life yet and the batteried died at 8pm =/ The batter life isn't too bad for my hero. I'm very pleased with it to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Do you use taskiller? If not, use it because that will help a lot and could actually be your problem. I use taskiller all the time and it keeps down the amount of processes that are running in the background.
    If you do use taskiller, I would say your battery is pretty dud I would complain. See if you can find the battery life they say it should have and quote that to them.

ReputationRep:
    Do you use taskiller? If not, use it because that will help a lot and could actually be your problem. I use taskiller all the time and it keeps down the amount of processes that are running in the background.
    If you do use taskiller, I would say your battery is pretty dud I would complain. See if you can find the battery life they say it should have and quote that to them.
    Yeah I use taskiller as well!

You could go ahead and say you have a faulty one and ask for a new one?

My one is second hand, The original owner, brought it in August, and so far it last me 2 - 3 days if I'm just texting and what not. However today I've used the net, listened to music from about 9am - 4pm non stop pratically and texted constantly and it had roughly 80% batery life yet and the batteried died at 8pm =/ The batter life isn't too bad for my hero. I'm very pleased with it to say the least.
    I think I will complain, I do use the music but only when I walk to college which is a ten minute journey!
    I know smartphones arent meant to last for 3 or 4 days like my old sony w810i could but I thought it would last a nice 2 day with light-to-medium use.

ReputationRep:
    Using task killer apps is dangerous apparently. I don't quite understand why, but it has something to do with interfering with the way the OS handles apps. It kills them automatically anyway. This will explain it better:

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-...your-hero.html

Has anyone noticed that the battery lasts a long time at high percentages but drops really quickly when it is less than 50%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Using task killer apps is dangerous apparently. I don't quite understand why, but it has something to do with interfering with the way the OS handles apps. It kills them automatically anyway. This will explain it better:

Has anyone noticed that the battery lasts a long time at high percentages but drops really quickly when it is less than 50%?
    Yep the 50% thing happens on my phone. The point was also raised on the techradar website review of the Hero.
    Does your phone last for 48 hours with background data and wifi turned on? this other person on this thread says his does, but when I put mine on it only just about makes a full day.

ReputationRep:
    Mine lasts two days doing the following:

3 hours of music playback, 3G/H on when out and about, wifi if I'm at home, an hour or two of calls, multiple texts, some light browsing, Facebook and a bit of dabbling. By the end of the 2nd day, it'll be nigh on dead though.

And yes, 100% - 75% lasts longer than 50% - 0%.

ReputationRep:
    Yep the 50% thing happens on my phone. The point was also raised on the techradar website review of the Hero.
    Does your phone last for 48 hours with background data and wifi turned on? this other person on this thread says his does, but when I put mine on it only just about makes a full day.
    I charge my phone every night. The battery level varies every day but I don't think I could make it last for 48 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)

I find that but it that happens when it drops below 15% and I get the warning and then it gives 10% and 5% warnings very quickly

ReputationRep:
    if any of you were wondering - I phoned tmobile and they have sent me a new battery (should be arriving in a couple of days). My battery really was crap - I spoke for maybe 15 minutes and the battery went from 80% to 65%!

Hero is getting 2.1 in March, officially.

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you use atheme? can you point me the way to download the app? =/

I'm actually loving the android home screen not the HTC Sense just the plain ole android wallpaper. It's looks absolutey lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Do any of you use atheme? can you point me the way to download the app? =/

I'm actually loving the android home screen not the HTC Sense just the plain ole android wallpaper. It's looks absolutey lovely
    I have been trying to get that app for so long, but whenever I search for it all I can find are the themes and not the apps

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.