The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
G8D
Exactly why I'm not running it just yet :P

Not that I ever turn my phone off.. Just don't wanna loose my apps.. Again.

You could use Titanium Backup to back up apps. It works well and links the apps to the market so you'll still be able to check updates etc.

It would be nice if you could backup settings as well, I don't like having to add wifi passwords all over again.
omgkatiekilledkenny
that is what i meant :smile:

Great minds think alike :yes:
Hasan
You could use Titanium Backup to back up apps. It works well and links the apps to the market so you'll still be able to check updates etc.

It would be nice if you could backup settings as well, I don't like having to add wifi passwords all over again.

I was just about to ask if there was some kind of app to back up stuff. I knew there was one to back up apps, but do you know of anything that would back up scenes so that I don't have to reposition all the shortcuts and folders?
Reply 1063
biffyclyro27
I was just about to ask if there was some kind of app to back up stuff. I knew there was one to back up apps, but do you know of anything that would back up scenes so that I don't have to reposition all the shortcuts and folders?

Unfortunately I don't think there is.

Just tried out the new ROM based on the Legend and I'm liking the small improvements HTC have made. The weather app isn't working for me and nor is street view on maps.
Hasan
Unfortunately I don't think there is.

Just tried out the new ROM based on the Legend and I'm liking the small improvements HTC have made. The weather app isn't working for me and nor is street view on maps.

Has pinch and zoom been enabled for google maps?
G8D
:yes:

nice one, whats the google sat nav like?
Reply 1066
biffyclyro27
nice one, whats the google sat nav like?

Doesn't work. Just like street view, it starts to load then abruptly goes back to the previous screen.
Hasan
Doesn't work. Just like street view, it starts to load then abruptly goes back to the previous screen.

Damn, ah well, maybe it will work in the official version
G8D
Nav isn't supported officially outside of the US..
I do hope street view works though.. Just to pass the time..

That sucks, I was under the impression that it was.
G8D
It is on rooted phones via some modded files.. But, due to licences held by current Sat Nav providers, Google cannot currently penetrate the market :'(

Thats rubbish...
G8D
It could change of course.. Google has a lot of monies.

That is true. What exactly is the license that is preventing them from penetrating the market? Is it the fact that it would be free and bundled with the OS?
G8D
I really don't know specifics.
But I assume it's that fact that it's free and easy to access. It produces competition that is more or less impossible to beat.

Hmm, perhaps if that is the case then they could offer it for a small fee? I mean I don't know the specifics of the license but I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for google sat nav as opposed to the £50 or so that the other apps are going fot.
G8D
Nav isn't supported officially outside of the US..
I do hope street view works though.. Just to pass the time..

Streetview works in 1.5, I was on it this morning
wizard710
Streetview works in 1.5, I was on it this morning

Oh yeah, so it does. I just tried it out. You have to select a point on the map and then select street view from the options listed. You can't just drag the yellow man like on the desktop version
biffyclyro27
Oh yeah, so it does. I just tried it out. You have to select a point on the map and then select street view from the options listed. You can't just drag the yellow man like on the desktop version

Yeah. woke up this morning and was like "I forgot they were adding streetview images lets have a look"
no 2.1 till april now. oh goody
Reply 1076
Someone updated their coming soon page...

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/coming-soon/mobile-phones
G8D
You really aren't missing much :/

not really the point though. more a point of customer satisfaction, when you give a release date you tend to make it. Fair enough they need to do more testing and what not for the sense (as i've read) but then why not give a longer release date?
Reply 1078
really not a fan of the Android keyboard on the Nexus One. are there any really solid replacements?
Reply 1079
G8D
Swype/ShapeWriter are good alternatives.. Not sure if they are available for Nexus..

Swype works for all Android phones and its free on their website! :smile:

Also, the Sense keybaord should be possible to get hold of too.

Latest

Trending

Trending