Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaph)
    Do I swap from an iPhone to an Android phone? So tempted.

Your sources from beyond says....PROCEEEDDDDD

ReputationRep:
    Currently loving Android. It's very sexy.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what's the best Facebook app for Android in the market? Is babbler the best? Mixed reviews for all the fb apps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Anyone know what's the best Facebook app for Android in the market? Is babbler the best? Mixed reviews for all the fb apps.
    there was an offical one released in the past week or two

ReputationRep:
    Nearly Hero time for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Nearly Hero time for me
    You will love it, the new improved ROM is due to be released soon.
    And if that isnt good enough for you, there is always the custom one, so smooth and lagless

ReputationRep:
    Hmmhmm- interestingly good news -

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/09...-applications/

ReputationRep:
    The new ROM for the HTC Hero is out!

:ninja:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But only in Nordic countries. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    The new ROM for the HTC Hero is out!

:ninja:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But only in Nordic countries. :sad:

argghhh...that dammm spoiler spoiled my 2 seconds of excitement lol...
    any links to that? reading some stuff about it might keep me satisfied for a bit :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    argghhh...that dammm spoiler spoiled my 2 seconds of excitement lol...
    any links to that? reading some stuff about it might keep me satisfied for a bit :rolleyes:
    :p:

It worked a treat!

There's not much to link you to tbh... It's all the same old same old that we've heard about this update since it began to come in to the public eye.

A few people over the XDA forums are installing it anyway (it comes with an English language pack), and so far the results seem very positive.

It does seem however, that now pressing the search button in browser whilst in landscape sends your phone loopy... :dontknow:

I'm sure it'll be out soon though!

ReputationRep:
    how would this phone work if i used it as my default MP3 playeR?

is the mp3 player good enough? does it lag or anything? does album art come on etc.

ReputationRep:
    The music app is OK... but could be better.

It has no EQ on it, occasionally skips for the first couple of seconds on a track (though this may be fixed with an update this week), but it does do album art / playlists and all the rest. I use mine on a daily basis as an MP3 player, and I'm happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    For those who want to copy all their phone contacts to SIM card- check out ''Contact2Sim'' on the market. Though- the free version only allows you to copy the contacts in bulk- not individually. I just copied all my contacts to sim anyways

ReputationRep:
    what about the batterylife with the mp3s going all day? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    The music app is OK... but could be better.

It has no EQ on it, occasionally skips for the first couple of seconds on a track (though this may be fixed with an update this week), but it does do album art / playlists and all the rest. I use mine on a daily basis as an MP3 player, and I'm happy with it.
    I've noticed this as well when I was listening to music on the way to uni!! I don't know if it is fixed in the upcoming update because I'm using Modaco's custom rom 2.0 which is based on the new update!! but at least there's a lot less lag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoaaron)
    what about the batterylife with the mp3s going all day? :/
    Pretty good as long as you turn off wifi, gps, and bluetooth, etc, at the same time..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else used both iPhone OS and Android extensively and found Android to be far superior?
    9 pages of apps < 7 pages of whatever you want.
    Plus its much more functional and it can background like a *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Anyone else used both iPhone OS and Android extensively and found Android to be far superior?
    9 pages of apps < 7 pages of whatever you want.
    Plus its much more functional and it can background like a *****
    I don't need to use the iPhone extensively to know that the Hero is better! :p:

Though my mate Jimmi T has, and he would agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm i just read a review and it said the MP3/sound quality of the hero is poor poor and too QUIET.

can someone inform me if its true or not? i have already ordered it but will return if its true because im using w/e phone i buy as my primary MP3 player!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoaaron)
    hmmmm i just read a review and it said the MP3/sound quality of the hero is poor poor and too QUIET.

can someone inform me if its true or not? i have already ordered it but will return if its true because im using w/e phone i buy as my primary MP3 player!
    It's quite the opposite

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.