The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

T.K.B
Anyone know what's the best Facebook app for Android in the market? Is babbler the best? Mixed reviews for all the fb apps.

there was an offical one released in the past week or two
Nearly Hero time for me :smile:
The new ROM for the HTC Hero is out!

:ninja:

Spoiler

Reply 124
mikeyd85
The new ROM for the HTC Hero is out!

:ninja:

Spoiler

argghhh...that dammm spoiler spoiled my 2 seconds of excitement :frown: lol...
any links to that? reading some stuff about it might keep me satisfied for a bit :rolleyes:
T.K.B
argghhh...that dammm spoiler spoiled my 2 seconds of excitement :frown: lol...
any links to that? reading some stuff about it might keep me satisfied for a bit :rolleyes:

:p:

It worked a treat!

There's not much to link you to tbh... It's all the same old same old that we've heard about this update since it began to come in to the public eye.

A few people over the XDA forums are installing it anyway (it comes with an English language pack), and so far the results seem very positive.

It does seem however, that now pressing the search button in browser whilst in landscape sends your phone loopy... :dontknow:

I'm sure it'll be out soon though! :biggrin:
Reply 126
how would this phone work if i used it as my default MP3 playeR?

is the mp3 player good enough? does it lag or anything? does album art come on etc.
The music app is OK... but could be better.

It has no EQ on it, occasionally skips for the first couple of seconds on a track (though this may be fixed with an update this week), but it does do album art / playlists and all the rest. I use mine on a daily basis as an MP3 player, and I'm happy with it.
Reply 128
For those who want to copy all their phone contacts to SIM card- check out ''Contact2Sim'' on the market. Though- the free version only allows you to copy the contacts in bulk- not individually. I just copied all my contacts to sim anyways :smile:
Reply 129
what about the batterylife with the mp3s going all day? :/
mikeyd85
The music app is OK... but could be better.

It has no EQ on it, occasionally skips for the first couple of seconds on a track (though this may be fixed with an update this week), but it does do album art / playlists and all the rest. I use mine on a daily basis as an MP3 player, and I'm happy with it.

I've noticed this as well when I was listening to music on the way to uni!! I don't know if it is fixed in the upcoming update because I'm using Modaco's custom rom 2.0 which is based on the new update!! but at least there's a lot less lag :biggrin:
aoaaron
what about the batterylife with the mp3s going all day? :/

Pretty good as long as you turn off wifi, gps, and bluetooth, etc, at the same time..
G8D
Anyone else used both iPhone OS and Android extensively and found Android to be far superior?
9 pages of apps < 7 pages of whatever you want.
Plus its much more functional and it can background like a bitch :biggrin:

I don't need to use the iPhone extensively to know that the Hero is better! :p:

Though my mate Jimmi T has, and he would agree with you.
Reply 133
hmmmm i just read a review and it said the MP3/sound quality of the hero is poor poor and too QUIET.

can someone inform me if its true or not? i have already ordered it but will return if its true because im using w/e phone i buy as my primary MP3 player!
aoaaron
hmmmm i just read a review and it said the MP3/sound quality of the hero is poor poor and too QUIET.

can someone inform me if its true or not? i have already ordered it but will return if its true because im using w/e phone i buy as my primary MP3 player!

It's quite the opposite :wink:
I'd say the volume was fine. The sound quality... well... my headphones cost me $10AUD 2 years ago... I can't really comment.
Reply 136
aoaaron

The sound quality is not poor at all as long as you use decent headphones :rolleyes:
And its not too quiet either- not for me at least; but if you find it to be too quiet- theres an app to boost the volume up beyond the max- although you would need root access to use it :wink:
mikeyd85

Nice :smile: It took them a while !
Reply 139
mikeyd85

Haha. Wicked. How smooth is it? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending