The Student Room Group

Had a baby without knowing she was preggers

A barmaid revealed today how she woke in the night complaining about back ache - and gave BIRTH to a baby girl in her loo 30 minutes later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1287064/Barmaid-22-didnt-know-pregnant-shocked-giving-birth-toilet.html

Stories like this amaze me. The comments even more. One person makes a really interesting one and actually makes me think this is just a grab at media attention.

Didn't know she was pregnant , was shocked to give birth, but noticed that "the third stage lasted just 13 minutes". So how did she know it was the third stage when she wasn't aware of a second or first stage or a 9 month pregnancy??
Pull the other one.

I love how all the scientific or questioning comments have the lowest ratings from readers. Not suprising, they are Daily Fail readers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There have been hundreds of cases like these, just occasionally one of them will show up in the papers, probably to scare people into using contraception
Tagit

I love how all the scientific or questioning comments have the lowest ratings from readers. Not suprising, they are Daily Fail readers!

Well that question was particularly ridiculous. Asking "how did she know it was the third stage?".....well duh....the third stage consists of delivering the placenta. She had had the baby already, so from the moment the baby has been born, until the placenta pops out, that IS the third stage.
Really the person who asked that question in the first place clearly needs biology lessons.

(by the way, as you've read the article in the first place I'm going to assume you're a "daily fail" reader :erm: , so you appear to be insulting yourself )
:lolwut: Wow. Just wow.
Reply 4
We were really lucky that mum hadn't put bleach down the toilet like she does every other night or so.

:eek: My god. I've heard stories like this before, but it never fails to amaze me. At least she sounds like she's happy with the situation and will be a decent mum.
Reply 5
I saw one where a lady had a backwards womb, and grew a baby in her bum instead. She just thought she's got a fat backside.

And there are alsorts of pills that can stop periods, or yours could just be irregular or whatever, so i guess if you've got a light child it is very possible.
Sequin
I saw one where a lady had a backwards womb, and grew a baby in her bum instead. She just thought she's got a fat backside.

LOL:rolleyes:
Stories like this never cease to terrify me :erm:
I've heard of this happening loads of times.. :dontknow:

I read my mum's magazines, fecking horror stories in there. :nooo:
Reply 9
PinkMobilePhone
Well that question was particularly ridiculous. Asking "how did she know it was the third stage?".....well duh....the third stage consists of delivering the placenta. She had had the baby already, so from the moment the baby has been born, until the placenta pops out, that IS the third stage.
Really the person who asked that question in the first place clearly needs biology lessons.

(by the way, as you've read the article in the first place I'm going to assume you're a "daily fail" reader :erm: , so you appear to be insulting yourself )

:p: I was going to put a ps 'inb4 i read daily fail suggestion as fb newsfeed link' but I chose not to. Shall do next time!

I'll admit I had no idea what the third stage was..and to be honest I doubt many people who haven't had a baby would either so how she knew, when she wasn't planning a pregnancy knows, i have no idea.
I like how all the girl rush this thread.
Well there is a slight chance of some one not realizing significant changes.
times this small chance against the masses of people who get pregnant = the people who never realised.
It's a conspiracy. :afraid:
...it would only happen to a fatty wouldn't it :rolleyes:
Bubbles*de*Milo
I've heard of this happening loads of times..

I read my mum's magazines, fecking horror stories in there.

Same :cute:
Once you've "accidentally" read Pick Me Up in the hairdresser, these stories are just tame
Tagit
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1287064/Barmaid-22-didnt-know-pregnant-shocked-giving-birth-toilet.html

Stories like this amaze me. The comments even more. One person makes a really interesting one and actually makes me think this is just a grab at media attention.

So this women had no morning sickness!!
What did she not know that she wasn't on her period for 9 months!!!
Did she not feel overly hungryyy at anyytime!!!?!?
Did her breasts nott hurttt!?!?
Did she not frequently urinatee?!?!?
did the baby not kick!?!?

WTF

this women is so lucky! hah
Reply 15
I hear of this happening a fair bit, it's weird.

I even saw a television show with stories of it happening advertised.
gingerrama
Same :cute:
Once you've "accidentally" read Pick Me Up in the hairdresser, these stories are just tame

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh my God I know! hahahaha, and Take a break. They're horrific!
Personally, I'd start asking questions as soon as I see a small foot protruding from my tum. Also, the inevitable lack of/irregularity/lightness of my periods would be another pointer. Maybe at the point where I begin to lactate I shall consider a pregnancy test, or maybe I'll wait until I feel something MOVING INSIDE OF ME :woo:

Believe her I do not. I think she was just in denial. I mean, if one can induce a phanntom pregnancy by power of will, I'm sure the opposite effect can be acheived.
Wow, you've gotta be pretty stupid
Reply 19
man, the baby should have kicked her from the insides and shouted: "yo momma, im right up here!"

Latest

Trending

Trending