The Student Room Group

What Should I Do?

So in a few days it will be the deadline for the options form; and im not really sure what I should choose. But we are doing the English Baccalaureate these are the lessons it consists of:

English Language GCSE
English Literature GCSE
Mathematics GCSE
Double Science GCSE
History OR Geography GCSE
French OR German GCSE

The compulsory subjects are Civics and PE ( Which we are not doing a GCSE in )

We have 2 options to pick from these:

Art and Design
Business Studies
Dance
Drama
Economics
Food Technology
ICT
Media Studies
Music
PE GCSE
Product Design
Religious Education GCSE
Triple Science

We have to pick 2 Options and 2 Reserves, we are garunteed that we will get the first 2 options we pick but for any reason anything happens we have reserves.

My Options

1. ICT
2. Economics OR Business Studies? ( Im More Interested In Economics )
3. Anything I didnt Choose in Option 2.
4. I Have No Idea

Im not sure about Economics but it does look interesting, I've had many people say things about how it is boring; but no other options really appeal to me.

Hope u can help me out :smile:
Hi , my options are : History , Spanish , Trip Science , I.C.T and P.E.
If I had to choose between business and economics , I would pick economics because it's a better GCSE , whereas business is considered extremely soft.
It all also depends on what you enjoy and what you would like to study at A Level.
Pick Triple Science + R.E :smile:
Reply 3
Triple science, u need to be in the top 3 sets im in set5, and i dont want to take it anyway as im not really interested in being a doctor; im just wanting to know if economics is good and what 4th option would be good for me, i dont see the point of me taking buisness studies as is it is about creating ur own buisness? and im not really interested in that.
Reply 4
So yeah, if anybody else could post some advice
Whichever subject you enjoy the most and willing to work for (have motivation for).
Join the Empire.
Reply 7
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
Join the Empire.

Join the empiree ? O_o What do u mean?
Reply 8
Original post by Procrastinate
Whichever subject you enjoy the most and willing to work for (have motivation for).

Yeah I just wanna know more about Economics.
Reply 9
I'd recommend choosing triple science and P.E! Good luck with your choices.
Original post by envme
Join the empiree ? O_o What do u mean?

You know the Empire? Join it.
Reply 11
Ok, Need some advice from anyone who knows or done economics;
Reply 12
Original post by envme
Triple science, u need to be in the top 3 sets im in set5, and i dont want to take it anyway as im not really interested in being a doctor; im just wanting to know if economics is good and what 4th option would be good for me, i dont see the point of me taking buisness studies as is it is about creating ur own buisness? and im not really interested in that.

Is it ICT GCSE? Check what the course is, because you may want to steer clear of BTECs, OCR nationals etc. Not looked highly upon, and they weren't acknowledged when I applied to Sixth Forms.
And if it is ICT OCR Nationals, I'd warn you off of it. Just finishing now, it's literally you print screening yourself opening a folder to prove you know how to do it.
Reply 13
I've done OCR Nationals, its GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest