The Student Room Group

worst teacher you had at school/college

Scroll to see replies

Year 1 - I had a teacher that was really.. bad. Inexperienced. The whole lot. We once spent an entire afternoon sorting out roles for class members to do (which transpired to be a waste of time because nobody actually did their jobs), and she would sometimes just stop and stare randomly, day dreaming for what felt like a really long time... (fast forward to last year, where I heard she eventually got sacked).

Year 7 maths teacher (we had two, the other one was a total legend) spoke in a really strong Caribbean accent so I could barely understand her and whenever we put our hand up for help she said "come in" as if we were telling her there was someone at the door (In hind sight, she was probably saying "coming")

Worst has to be Year 10 English teacher. He basically taught us the wrong methods for the first year. He was terrible at controlling the class and never did any unique lesson preparation - I could tell all of the stuff he did on the board / worksheets we did were organised by the head of KS4 English... and we ended up getting really poor grades in our English Language exam. I managed to get a B but the majority of the class got D and E grades. And we were a top set class. The annoying thing is, we knew he was bad already. When the news broke in Year 9 that he would be our GCSE teacher the whole class signed a PETITION to keep our current teacher (some people who used to be in set 2 had bad previous experiences). A lot of us knew we were doomed for our entire English GCSE. He then left at the end of Year 10 to teach in Spain (wtf?) (I feel sorry for whoever he teaches!) and we now have a brilliant teacher - managed to re-teach us English language in a matter of weeks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 121
We had a physics supply teacher who decided to measure angles in degrees centigrade...
Reply 122
Original post by Jedicake
We had a physics supply teacher who decided to measure angles in degrees centigrade...

sounds like a fun lesson then.
Reply 123
Ms Bowman. Or Ms 'evil bitch child eater scank whore' as we used to call her. Rumour had it that she learnt how to teach from Satan himself!:eek:
The music teacher who was so annoying she fell of her piano while telling someone to sit up straight. lmao!
Theres a teacher at my school who Ive had when I was in yr 9 sometimes. She just used to insult everyones work and really put peoples ideas down rather than encouragement. I wrote one poem which she instantly reffered to as "crap".
Chemistry AS teacher

sorry ass perv
stared at all the girls and attempted to get them all alone
in the room
ignored all boys and actually tried to hide from them whenevr we asked for help

6 ppl out of 12 in our class got U grades overall
the rest, E/D etc
just 3 got Bs-no As
apparently, is a stalker with mental health problems
imitates specific girls he fancied in class like how they talked
etc
tried to make chemistry relate to sex?
don't how he got away with it all...
Original post by AspiringGenius
My geography teacher in year eight came in and said he knew everything about geography. I decided to test his hypothesis. I asked him "what is the capital of Indonesia", his answer was "Indonesia is not a country, it's an island". I told him to say that to the 200 odd million people who call it their home.

I got sent out for "impertinence".

I know this user has been banned but how arrogant! Most teachers/lecturers I meet or have met tend to tell me that they are still learning because learning is a life long thing; not something that stops at the age of 16 or at the age of 22-25
Reply 128
My history teacher when I was in Spain. Everyone hated her, and her way of teaching was so boring and no one could get any of her lessons at all. And oh, she had her moments such as,

'DO NOT copy what I'm writting in the whiteboard until I'm finish explaining it'

Then she finish explaining it and immediately erases it:

'You still hadn't copied it???? Gang of lazy people... you'll stay during break time copying it again."

:facepalm:
Reply 129
Primary school, some bloke in his late 20's at the time called Mr _____.

Consistently made people cry in his lessons and seemed to get a buzz off it and loved embarrassing people. After a pupil had started crying he always pretty much forced them to sit on his knee so he could hug them better, very dodgy i know.

I remember writing a poem in year 5 which i was fairly happy with and after showing him, he went out the room to show other teachers how bad it was and then came back to tell the whole class how bad it was. W*****.

Thanks to him thats the last time i wrote a poem (well not really).

Then again, the jokes on him in the end. He eventually got sacked and now cleans the local church for a living
Reply 130
GCSE Science teacher. Used to have a constant boner, either that or a massive dick. Always used to walk around with a prominent bulge.

Not to mention that he had couldn't control a class to save his life.
(edited 12 years ago)
English teacher, she made me feel like crap and bullied me.
A biology teacher in secondary school who just couldn't control the class. He resorted to throwing heavy objects across the room such as chairs. :/
Reply 133
Any chemistry teacher.
Reply 134
My GCSE Physics teacher was awful, and then she left halfway through year 11 meaning we had cover teachers for 6 months :rolleyes:
Year 10/11 Biology teacher; had blatant favourites and wasn't a good teacher. Ended up virtually teaching myself everything, it's a wonder I did so well.
Year 9 English teacher; my mum complained around 5 times. He went crazy at the slightest thing and had a bizarre obsession with getting us to draw things :s
My Year 6 teacher was also shocking, but that's less important.
Reply 136
A man who instead of teaching physics, thought it would be better if we knew about his days in the army.

A woman who taught us precisely nothing for our textiles exam, instead filling lesson time talking about her family life. Everyone failed.
Reply 137
Huh, that would be my teacher of English that we've had like... for 5 years now. I don't live in GB, but I love the language, it's like one of the subjects that I'm really interested in... and well, this teacher of mine seems to be doing everything in her power to prevent us, her pupils, from learning ANYTHING AT ALL. It's so annoying, all we ever do is that we participate in some stupid plays that she comes up with and it has been like this ever since she started teaching us. Good God, the plays are not even in English! :mad::mad: Besides she is always like "I've never wanted to be a teacher anyway. Theatre is the only love of my life". Then why the hell is she even teaching? :s-smilie: She's a kind person, I guess (as long as you show enough respect for her artistic tendencies :biggrin:) but her teaching methods... urgh!!!
We had a temp in Maths for most of year seven, he was really easy to wind up. He threw a table across the room once, and didn't come back after that. My maths teacher for the rest of secondary school was actually a lovely person, but a bad teacher. She couldn't control a class, wasn't great at maths, and was also incredibly easy to wind up.
My DT teacher for most of secondary school was by far the worst. He rarely turned up in years seven and eight, and in year ten, if he did teach us, he would spit, get angry, throw board rubbers and not actually do much. I can't even put into words how terrible he was.
Reply 139
there are some really good stories on this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending