The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hobnob
No-one is forcing you to congratulate her / pretend to be happy for her if you don't want to, but this is not the time and place for you to flaunt the STEM chip on your shoulder and to launch personal attacks against someone whose guts you seem to hate for no apparent reason. So for the last time: stop it. If you persist with this I will have to give you an 8-point 'ignoring admin request' warn. Surely that's not worth it?

congrats op! but hobnob, i can't help but feel this post is ott. The poster is offering an opinion, not launching personal attacks,sounds like you are threatening punishment for having a different opinion, i say let the op reply and have a debate with this poster, im sure she is more than capable of defending her phd, and after all, thats what makes this place interesting, imagine if we all had the same view on everything?? :confused:
Reply 41
Original post by Old Father Time
congrats op! but hobnob, i can't help but feel this post is ott. The poster is offering an opinion, not launching personal attacks,sounds like you are threatening punishment for having a different opinion, i say let the op reply and have a debate with this poster, im sure she is more than capable of defending her phd, and after all, thats what makes this place interesting, imagine if we all had the same view on everything?? :confused:

The posts which you can now see on this thread are not all the posts which were made.
Congratulations Doctor :love:
Reply 43
Original post by ilyking

Original post by ilyking
ahahaha

so basically you'll be teaching a mickey mouse subject at university :rofl:

good job mrs high-achiever

EDIT: why make this thread? :dontknow:

I can't understand how people like you actually think so narrow. There's nothing wrong with the course that the OP is going to be teaching.

Anyone with a PhD earns my respect as it shows they've clearly worked hard for it and they're 100% dedicated to that path. Not a lot of people these days have one.

Attitudes like yours isn't needed at all and you need to sort that out mate.

Very well done OP. You've earned my respect.
Oh a fellow Essex PhD, hello. It's very rare to not have to do corrections, congratulations to you :smile:
Reply 45
Brilliant stuff there, Clare.

You have a great one now xxx
Original post by hobnob
The posts which you can now see on this thread are not all the posts which were made.

Ah, well in that case carry on doing a sterling job. :smile:
Original post by clareramos
so glad I'm not the only one.

Getting drunk, how else? haha!

Lmao! Going drinking with your supervisor? Or PhD colleagues/mates.
Had my Viva Voce today and they said that I had an Immediate Pass :biggrin:

that clearly isnt you in the profile pic is it - you cant look like that and have a phd - serious :coma:
Had my Viva Voce today and they said that I had an Immediate Pass :biggrin:

Congratulations, although you can't see, I am on my knees worshiping me right now! :tongue:
Well done! :hi:

Congratz for the lecturing job already :dance:
Reply 51
IF you want the officiall title my research was actually the 'geography and history of theatre performance and production'

and already been offered a lecturing position for next semester lecturing both Geography and Performance & Production Arts modules

Congrats on the successful completion of your PhD.

Out of interest - in your discipline, is it not common to do a couple of postdocs before getting a lectureship? Or will you not continue research? I currently have a temporary lectureship which I am doing alongside my PhD but I guess when that is over and I finish, I will be applying for postdoc positions.

Just curious as someone who is doing a PhD in a completely different field.
Original post by thegodofgod
Well done! :hi:

Congratz for the lecturing job already :dance:

How did you make that banner in your Sig for where you're applying?
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
How did you make that banner in your Sig for where you're applying?

Asked a friend on TSR :ninja:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
Well done Dr. :smile:
congratz :biggrin:.

I don't know what it is with some of tsrs' members. they're just so idiotic at times. :facepalm2: But we can ignore them :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by Jake22
Congrats on the successful completion of your PhD.

Out of interest - in your discipline, is it not common to do a couple of postdocs before getting a lectureship? Or will you not continue research? I currently have a temporary lectureship which I am doing alongside my PhD but I guess when that is over and I finish, I will be applying for postdoc positions.

Just curious as someone who is doing a PhD in a completely different field.

I don't need to as lectured whilst doing PhD and have taught, so they said that I should stand a good chance of getting a lectureship and they gave me a list of interested uni's who had seen my research and wanted me to lecture.

To others, cba to quote you all, I'm going out with family/mates and it is me in profile pic.
Original post by Reflexive
Oh a fellow Essex PhD, hello. It's very rare to not have to do corrections, congratulations to you :smile:

you have a phd?
Original post by thegodofgod
Asked a friend on TSR :ninja:

I want one :cool:
Reply 59
I don't need to as lectured whilst doing PhD and have taught, so they said that I should stand a good chance of getting a lectureship and they gave me a list of interested uni's who had seen my research and wanted me to lecture.

To others, cba to quote you all, I'm going out with family/mates and it is me in profile pic.

Sounds good. I guess it is quite different in my subject area. I think my lecturing experience will help but there is no way I would be able to get a lectureship straight out of PhD. Congratulations on that too!

Latest

Trending

Trending