The Student Room Group

looking for post graduates or anyone who has had trouble finding a job

Hi, I'm a university student currently writing an article for my course on universities preparing students for the working world. I was looking to talk to anyone who has had trouble finding a job because they don't have enough experience, or anyone who has recently graduated with a good degree and has had trouble finding a job (if you know anyone who has recently graduated and fits this criteria I'd love to hear from them too!) I just wanted to email/PM a couple of questions on the subject, and would really appreciate your time!

Thanks!
Reply 1
hello im a graduate bum! do i get paid for this?
Reply 2
I'll do it! :smile: PM me.
Reply 3
Feel free to PM me.

Completed an MSc in International Political Economy (research) and got one temp job (40 hours worth) through connections within my uni while all admin, TA, retail, and the rare research assistant positions being advertised that I have applied for has resulted in 2 rejection emails so far (searching since the end of September).

I am not holding my breath for finding a job in the next few months. Just got to keep applying and hopefully something will come along. Applying for a PhD and PGCE course (If I don't get PhD funding then hopefully I will at least get onto a PGCE) and trying to look at this year as a gap year.
Reply 5
Are you writing only about universities in the UK?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending