The Student Room Group

Guys: Does sex feel different without a condom?

I'm a girl and I've always used condoms, so I don't know what it feels like to have sex without one.

I've always wondered if sex feels different for guys when they don't wear condoms. If this is the case, what does it feel like with and without a condom?

Scroll to see replies

Helpful as condoms are, it is very different. They are the least sexy sex related invention ever, screaming kids aside. I once heard its a bit like eating a boiled sweet with the wrapper still on. How different is it for you girls?
Reply 2
Yes, and is much better
Reply 3
Much better without.
Reply 4
Original post by youmad
Yes, and is much better

How is it better? What feels different? Warmer, tighter, what?
Reply 5
To be honest, I've never noticed a difference.
This thread could've done with a poll.
Reply 7
I wouldn't know, I've never had it without protection. Seriously lads, I have a friend that didn't use one, she was on the pill; he's a father to be.:pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It feels nicer without. More sensitive and more intimate.
But it's nice not having to worry about pregnancy and having to pull out or anything.

Original post by ipoop
I wouldn't know, I've never had it without protection. Seriously lads, I have a friend that didn't use one, she was on the pill; he's a father to be.:pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some guys forget that what a woman says and what a woman does don't always line up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Feels different with one one - and not as good. Doesn't feel so wet or warm, tightness not much different.
Reply 10
Original post by Double Agent
Helpful as condoms are, it is very different. They are the least sexy sex related invention ever, screaming kids aside. I once heard its a bit like eating a boiled sweet with the wrapper still on. How different is it for you girls?

I don't know myself personally as I've only ever had sex with one, but a few of my mates say it feels better for them without.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sphinx_5494
How is it better? What feels different? Warmer, tighter, what?

Most guys describe it as decrease in sensation. Which makes sense, as there is a physical barrier. So yeah, they can "feel" more without a condom usually.

From what I remember, as a girl, I do notice a difference between with/without, but only a very slight one. Nothing to detract from the sensation.
Reply 12
I've never really noticed a difference during sex. Masturbation's a different story of course.
Reply 13
Original post by ipoop

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the other end of the spectrum me and my ex never used condoms because she was on the pill. Not even 1 pregnancy scare after having sex literallly hundreds of times over the course of our relationship.

Maybe I'm infertile, maybe she is. Regardless, fearmongering is silly. Sex is definately better without condoms however using an alternate form of birth control is important. Its also important to get tested on a regular basis and always use condoms with a new partner at the beginning of a relationship!

Its also important to have what I like to call the 'What If' conversation. Find out if she would get an abortion if the worst happens. If she seems uncertain, wrap it up.
Reply 14
Original post by ocelotrevs

Some guys forget that what a woman says and what a woman does don't always line up.

They have been together for three years now, I would like to think that she was honest about it. Freak accident, contraception doesn't guarantee 100% success rate after all. It says so on the box. :holmes:
Original post by ipoop
They have been together for three years now, I would like to think that she was honest about it. Freak accident, contraception doesn't guarantee 100% success rate after all. It says so on the box. :holmes:

True. But some women do lie about using contraception when they're not though. That, I know for a fact.
How many guys know what the pill does. How they're meant to be taken. What it actually does. How often are you allowed to take them.

I'd say this to any guy, unless you're looking to have children. And you can absolutely say she is on contraception, without any doubt. You need to put a condom on.
I use non-latex condoms, which have better heat transmission than latex ones as well as being thinner, so for me there is not much physical difference. Before they were available, there was one time when I was thinking 'Hmm, this feels really nice', looked down, and went 'Oh, the condom's come off', so I can believe that there's a difference there. But unless I am atypical :smile: fingers feel more, physically, than penises anyway.

When I did start deliberately having intercourse without condoms with someone, the big (and unexpected) difference was emotional. For us, it's a way of saying 'I trust you'.

If you can't trust them - in terms of STIs and contraception and anything else you care about - condoms remain great.
feel same
Original post by ocelotrevs
True. But some women do lie about using contraception when they're not though. That, I know for a fact.
How many guys know what the pill does. How they're meant to be taken. What it actually does. How often are you allowed to take them.

I'd say this to any guy, unless you're looking to have children. And you can absolutely say she is on contraception, without any doubt. You need to put a condom on.

She could have been on antibiotics, which can sometimes negate the effect of the pill.

Also any sickness or diarrhea can reduce it's efficacy if it happens soon after taking your pill. There's a massive booklet that comes with the pill which has guidelines for what to do in all these situations, but tbh it's not exactly bed time reading so it's probably very easy to make a mistake and not take precautions.

That being said, she could very well have been lying, or in that 0.01% where the pill just simply didn't work for that particular month.
think about it like wearing gloves... if you wear a pair of rubber gloves, the sense of touch in your hands is dulled. I'd imagine its like that for a penis.

Quick Reply

Latest