Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*
English language: A
English literature: A
Geography: A
History: A
Religious studies: A
German: B
I'm wondering whether these grades will count against me when If I apply to imperial college to do engineering.
I have also already completed my Maths AS with an A grade, currently I am studying Maths A2 and further maths, physics and chemistry AS.
Original post by gabbersm
Having completed my GCSEs with grades of:
Maths: A*
Statistics: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*
English language: A
English literature: A
Geography: A
History: A
Religious studies: A
German: B
I'm wondering whether these grades will count against me when If I apply to imperial college to do engineering.
I have also already completed my Maths AS with an A grade, currently I am studying Maths A2 and further maths, physics and chemistry AS.

I wouldn't think so, I mean you have 5a*, 5as and a b, and the most important thing is your a*s are in subjects relevant to engineering
Pretty sure you'll be fine if you get the predicted grades you need at a level for imperial :smile:
Out of interest, what kind of engineering do you plan to apply for?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by cherryvizz
I wouldn't think so, I mean you have 5a*, 5as and a b, and the most important thing is your a*s are in subjects relevant to engineering
Pretty sure you'll be fine if you get the predicted grades you need at a level for imperial :smile:
Out of interest, what kind of engineering do you plan to apply for?

Probably mechanical as my biggest interests are in applied maths i.e mechanics. Do you think doing my maths a-level a year early will help with my application as I will, 'hopefully', have my maths a level when I apply to uni.
Original post by gabbersm
Probably mechanical as my biggest interests are in applied maths i.e mechanics. Do you think doing my maths a-level a year early will help with my application as I will, 'hopefully', have my maths a level when I apply to uni.

I'm not sure, but I think it will - I've heard some people say that an early a level looks good on your application, it can't do much harm (I've seen people say positive things and negative things about having an early a level on tsr so I'm not 100% sure) plus you have one less grade to worry about :biggrin:

One more question, how do you find further maths a level (I'm teaching myself fm gcse atm but I think I might drop it because I only just started self teaching and the mocks are in 2 months) - is it a hard jump from gcses or...? (Sorry for the questions, I'm contemplating my a level options rn! To be honest, I only want to choose FM a level because all the unis I want to go to require it as an a level for all maths related courses)
(edited 8 years ago)
Just like to say well done on those results AMAZING!:biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by cherryvizz
I'm not sure, but I think it will - I've heard some people say that an early a level looks good on your application, it can't do much harm (I've seen people say positive things and negative things about having an early a level on tsr so I'm not 100% sure) plus you have one less grade to worry about :biggrin:

One more question, how do you find further maths a level (I'm teaching myself fm gcse atm but I think I might drop it because I only just started self teaching and the mocks are in 2 months) - is it a hard jump from gcses or...? (Sorry for the questions, I'm contemplating my a level options rn! To be honest, I only want to choose FM a level because all the unis I want to go to require it as an a level for all maths related courses)

The jump from maths GCSE to a level is small. Further maths has many new concepts which are hard to understand but not too complicated so far. As long as you have a good teacher (if not then a tutor maybe) the jump isn't too bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending