The Student Room Group

What do I do while I am waiting for my interview?

Hi, I have an interview at Hertford college, Oxford for biology this week and I was wondering what you do while you are waiting for your interview. I have to arrive there on Tuesday but my interview isn't until the Thursday. What do I do during all that free time and would I be allowed to stay in my room in order to prepare on the Wednesday?
Read a book, talk to other applicants, listen to music, go shopping, sightseeing....do what you want! Most colleges will arrange activities throughout the day for applicants to take part in.

Of course you could stay in your room. But that would be boring, eh?
Original post by Parrotperson
Hi, I have an interview at Hertford college, Oxford for biology this week and I was wondering what you do while you are waiting for your interview. I have to arrive there on Tuesday but my interview isn't until the Thursday. What do I do during all that free time and would I be allowed to stay in my room in order to prepare on the Wednesday?

Colleges will be running activities. If that's not up your street then maybe go to some of Oxford's brilliant museums? The Pitt Rivers museum is amazing!
Reply 3
I've also got an interview at Hertford this week :biggrin:. I think a lot of people will be going out and what not, and preparing a little bit just before an interview.
Go and explore the city, meet applicants at your college (they put on films, and there were social events in the JCR etc when I went for interview). I did spend time with other applicants, but most of all I just wanted to unwind (since I was working full-time at the time), so I spent my time wandering around museums and galleries, and curling up with a book (not related to my interview - just something to read for fun) and hot chocolate or mulled wine in various pubs.

Just don't do what one of my fellow applicants did, and get so drunk at one of the college socials that you end up vomiting all over one of the tables at the KA. :lol: Part of it was nerves, and she did end up getting in, but still.. that's probably not the first impression you want to make.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending