The Student Room Group

PGCE PCET interview help

Hi,

I have an interview for the PGCE PCET course at Cardiff University next week and I am feeling a little nervous as I do not know how to prepare for it.

Could someone please help me on the short written task?... What was this task based on?..

Also, what questions were asked in the informal interview?

I will really appreciate it if you could help :smile:

Thanks,

Maddy
Original post by Maddy12313
Hi,

I have an interview for the PGCE PCET course at Cardiff University next week and I am feeling a little nervous as I do not know how to prepare for it.

Could someone please help me on the short written task?... What was this task based on?..

Also, what questions were asked in the informal interview?

I will really appreciate it if you could help :smile:

Thanks,

Maddy

Hi Maddy :biggrin:

Written task could be anything related to a situation you'd face in the workplace, whether that's dealing with colleagues, managers, parents, escalating behaviour issues, asking for help or something else.

Sharing of specific interview questions isn't allowed on TSR, just so you know. But I haven't been interviewed in Cardiff so I wouldn't be able to tell you them anyway.

I probably guarantee that you'll be asked why you want to teach. :tongue: I think a lot of these interviews are designed to test whether you know what you're about to head into, so they might pitch to you some hypothetical scenarios etc. :wink:
Reply 3
Hi there,

Thank you very much, it has really helped. I didn’t know that you couldn’t share specific interview questions but thanks for letting me know 😊

I will have a read of the link you’ve sent as well.

Much appreciated ☺️

Maddy
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
There is one other thing that I needed help with, if anyone could help that would be great...

As I would like to teach Health and Social Care the university are asking me to bring an object related to this area and I will need to talk about how it might be used effectively within a learning session. The object should not be I.T. based (i.e. not a power-point presentation/video).

Any ideas of what this object could be?

Thanks 😊
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending