Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to revise for NHS numeracy and literacy test!!!?? Help

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I need some help, I applied for a job vacancy with the NHS for “Maternity Support Worker” I was lucky enough to get an interview!!! I am so excited but I have to sit a numeracy and literacy test and I am worried as maths has never been my strong point!

I really want to revise for these tests as I really want this job, does any know or any websites I can go to revise and take practise test, to see how bad I am lol

By the way has anyone sat any of these assessment tests for the NHS?? If so can you tell me where they hard or easy?

Thanks in advance
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good book:
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780749451622/
    £6.19 incl delivery.
    As far as I can remember the entry test for nursing is a mix of level 1 & level 2 numeracy that concentrates on fractions, decimals and % with some metric measures and money calculations.

The BBC Skillswise site would be good for revision.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/numbers/wholenumbers/

For a support worker they may use the national numeracy tests (you could ask someone in personnel). Practice tests here:
    http://www.move-on.org.uk/practicetestsResults.asp
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hello .happy new year. how did your interview goes?
    how was the literacy and numeracy test were they hard or easy tell something.i have my interview soon just be nervous about it.
    i hope you gotten the job now.
    many thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi Jitewhyte

Happy new year to you to!!!! My interview went great, I got the job!! YEAH lol The literacy and numeracy test went fine,,, it wasnt that hard to be honest, I hope your intereview goes well i have my fingers crossed for you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there what did the test entail?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I went for a Hca job today and failed at the first hurdle (numeracy and literacy test). I am very disheartened about this being I have 3 years hospital experience and nvq 2 and 3. I have recently moved to Essex from east Sussex where I currently have work in the hospital down that way, but travelling on the train for 2 and a half hours each way every weekend is getting a bit much. I suppose all I can do is keep applying and trying to get through the test. I'm not good and maths so that was my down fall. When I first got into the nhs they didn't have these tests. Crazy I got all the experience that is required but have this obstacle in the way.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Loulipsylou, sorry to hear that you did not make the test. I have to take the numeracy and literacy test tomorrow cos I had applied to work for the NHS. Did you do the test online through the use of a computer or you hand wrote it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I need some help, I applied for a job vacancy with the NHS for "Emergency Care Assistant” I was lucky enough to get an interview!!! I am so excited but I have to sit a numeracy and literacy test and I am worried as maths has never been my strong point!

I really want to revise for these tests as I really want this job, does any know or any websites I can go to revise and take practise test, to see how bad I am lol

By the way has anyone sat any of these assessment tests for the NHS?? If so can you tell me where they hard or easy?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have a interview with NHS for a drug worker and it says I need to do a numeracy and literacy test, my numeracy is not good at all, I'm just brushing up on my skills but wondered if anyone knew if the numeracy test was online and if you are able to use a calculator?

Replies greatly appreciated :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hiii there

I have a numeracy test tomorrow and i can get the answers as long as i have a calculator. I have got mixed answers about weather we are allowed to use a calculator or not. could anyone shed some light on this please
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi I have a numeracy and maths test for the nhs, can someone help and tell me what I have revise on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soniam)
    hiii there

I have a numeracy test tomorrow and i can get the answers as long as i have a calculator. I have got mixed answers about weather we are allowed to use a calculator or not. could anyone shed some light on this please
    hi can u tell me what test was about. worried
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi, I have a test on wednesday this week, have you taken your test?
    I am a little concerned and wish to practise, have you any suggestions?
    regards
    Robert
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hican anyone please tell me how i get into the test literacy and numeracy please
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have been invited to an assessment day for 'Ambulance care Assistant' in a weeks time.
    Application has been quick so far.
    I'm really worried about the Maths and English tests...
    They know from my application that I didn't gain a Maths GCSE so should I be too worried if I don't pass that part?
    I am okay at spelling not great.
    I'm more of a practical, fitness person.
    Could anyone enlighten me on how the maths test goes? E.g. is it on a computer? what are the questions like?
    Any help would be great.

Thank you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I have attended NHS numeracy and literacy test for MLT. It comprises basis paper test with time scale. At the same time, we performed IT test- typing speed test on computer. This seems easy but practice on keyboard skills makes you perform better.

I am about to get an another interview tomorrow for CTA, hope things will go fine. All the best for u guys.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.